JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just got this in the mail!!

D9EEC354-DE33-43FB-B2D8-8C238121C34C.jpeg

A friend of mine gave me an S&W M&P 2.0 4 inch 10mm that I added an ACS reticule Holosun and light to. I have already qualified with it for carry by shooting a clean AZ Post target.

S&W_LI.jpg

How does shooting a target qualify you to carry in AZ? We have the right to carry here, concealed or otherwise.
Anyone, that is not a prohibited possessor, can carry open or concealed in AZ.

The issue may be, like other states, where Law enforcement departments require that you demonstrate proficiency with a particular pistol before you are allowed to carry it on the job.

LEO, qualify for duty carry. AZ POST are Law Enforcement requirements and Clean Target is shooting 100 for score in AZ Starting at the 25 yard line is
How does shooting a target qualify you to carry in AZ? We have the right to carry here, concealed or otherwise.

AZ may still have a concealed carry license process. Im in Texas and we just went Constitutional Carry, but that is only good for within the borders (porous as they be). If you want to carry in another state you will have to check their laws. Con Carry laws are not necessarily honored, but with the license card you would be. Best to be sure.

I just ordered the Mossberg Shockwave for riding around in the woods in my side x side......
A great choice for serious firepower in a small package. I used to carry a Rem 870 12-inch Witness Protection at work but it is an NFA item and a pain to travel with. One of the guys that I used to be on the Bomb Squad with sold me a shockwave and Van Comp tricked it out for carrying it in Alaska while fishing and working in AZ. Cut the recoil a bit and a much better pattern with 00 Buck. Just as good as the Rem WP with NO paperwork. (Sorry it needs to be cleaned, I use it)

Shock.jpg Shockwave.jpg

Last Edited:
A great choice for serious firepower in a small package. I used to carry a Rem 870 12-inch Witness Protection at work but it is an NFA item and a pain to travel with. One of the guys that I used to be on the Bomb Squad with sold me a shockwave and Van Comp tricked it out for carrying it in Alaska while fishing and working in AZ. Cut the recoil a bit and a much better pattern with 00 Buck. Just as good as the Rem WP with NO paperwork. (Sorry it needs to be cleaned, I use it)

View attachment 18868 View attachment 18869
At the moment I've got mine set up to run in a scabbard, with a big bunji lanyard and a carbiner, streamlight makes fore end with an integrated 1000lumen LED in it. it adds enough bulk to make it not fit in the scabbard. I've got the sight rail, been looking for a micro reflex to put on top.

At the moment I've got mine set up to run in a scabbard, with a big bunji lanyard and a carbiner, streamlight makes fore end with an integrated 1000lumen LED in it. it adds enough bulk to make it not fit in the scabbard. I've got the sight rail, been looking for a micro reflex to put on top.
Where did you find the led?

Midsouth Shooting Supplies has the Lyman reloading manual on sale in both hard ($28.99) and soft ($26.99) cover.
Amazon is selling the same 51st edition for 40.95. Caution, the 50th edition is available from Amazon for the same price Midsouth is selling the 51st edition.

I hate paying shipping fees whenever possible, so I tacked on a Tipton cleaning rod holder and a bottle of Wipe Out brand tactical advantage bore cleaner which is designed to make those "dirty" gas guns easier to clean. I am looking forward to trying it.

I use Wipe Out Patch Out cleaner combined with Wipe Out accelerator which gives the bore will get a good chemical scrubbing.
Lot's of people prefer the foam, I find it works best when the barrel is still warm and I never seem to get to cleaning that quickly after shooting.
After the initial soak, I'll follow up the next day with Bore Tech cleaners and then protect the bore with Hornady One Shot Gun Lube.

When it comes to cleaning I use different chemicals for overnight/24 hour "soaking" vs the "15 min or less" cleaning. Some chems leave a mark over time.
The rust prevention from the Hornady One Shot Gun Lube is crazy good. I would have bought more but I'm already stocked.

On the Berretta is a Steiner Combat light that replaces the mag tube cap and just screws on almost any shotgun (you have to order the one you want). On the rest of my long guns, I just put a short Picatinny rail where I want the light to go and use a pistol light or any light that attaches to a Picatinny rail (Streamlights, Olights, Surefire's, ETC.)

Berretta 1301 Pro.jpg Shockwave light.jpg

A 12-inch Mossberg is an NFA item but a Remington Vtac-13 isn't? Must be that miles-long one inch of extra barrel length. Still, I'm happy that a shotgun with such an aggressive appearance can be bought without an NFA stamp. Smokepoles like the Vtac-13 make liberals fill their BVDs upon first sight...

remington vac-13.JPG

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top