JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just put the new 2 barrel on it - it will get great fuel mileage. ;)
A monster that draws as much air as that 514-enstein would suffocate at idle with a 350 cfm two-barrel on it. My F250 is gonna do fine with the new Holley on it. It's plenty big enough for what the truck is designed to do. I only drive it a few miles out to the desert to shoot. I had to 86 the piece of garbage that was fueling it. It was running so rich, the plugs went sooty-black in three minutes. The tailpipe belched smoke like a 1968 Class 8 diesel going up a hill. MPG was maybe four at best. Hard to start; dieseling when I shut it down. This new carb has it starting with just a quick tickle of the key. I can't wait to get it all finished and point it toward the desert-- with plenty o' guns and ammo in the back...

Although my EB has a 170 c.i. six cylinder! They didn't allow litres back then!

'66 bronco (2).JPG

Just about finished with my Bucket list. Finally picked up a RIA .22TCM. Fun accurate firearm. Comes with a 9mm barrel and spring. Two guns for the price of one. Ordered brass, bullets and dies.

a .22 tcm.JPG

Sold some stuff I bought ten years ago. The proceeds amounted to $1300, which will go for a stainless Zermatt Arms TL3 action (left bolt; right ejection) and the $40 barrel nut that can be tightened with a 1-1/8" box-end wrench. This action will be the basis for my next mildcat. The action uses small-shank Savage Arms barrels, so switching-out the 6.5mm Croodmeer mildcat barrel for a 6.5mm Creedmoor barrel will allow me to compare the apples I shoot with my 6.5mm CM to those who already shoot the SAAMI chamber. I figger the cost of this new rifle will be right around $5000 (scope included) by the time the first bullet flies...

Last Edited:
I picked up a couple of little things today:

View attachment 7253
Please use an enhanced trigger guard from MagPul (or some other provider that makes an oversized guard) when you assemble your lower. The flat, OEM type irritates the trigger finger. I like the Flagaway one, myself. Folds into the little finger nub on the OEM grip if you ever need to do such a thing...

Please use an enhanced trigger guard from MagPul (or some other provider that makes an oversized guard) when you assemble your lower. The flat, OEM type irritates the trigger finger. I like the Flagaway one, myself. Folds into the little finger nub on the OEM grip if you ever need to do such a thing...

I use Timber Creek furniture on my builds: AR Oversized Trigger Guard

Mailed-off the $1300 check to my bank, today. Will be ordering the Zermatt Arms TL3 custom action in a day or two.

Also ordered a UTG ergonomic AR-15 grip. I really like the Command Arms Accessories G27 grip, but it's no longer to be had. The UTG is a tad more "tacticool" in how it's molded, so I'll take five each $20 bills instead of a crisp Benjamin...

Last Edited:
Two each 100-count boxes of .224" diameter, 75-grain Hornady BTHP match bullets (p/n 2279)-- with a $50 Scheels rewards card. The total cost still left $6.72 still on the card. I had to drive into Reno today for other reasons, so the bullets cost me absolutely nothing. I just love it when things work-out to my advantage!

Going to load-up a bunch with 23.5 grains of H-Varget in LC brass (2010-2018) and see how they group out of a 1:8 Wylde AR with a free-float handguard and fixed A2 stock from a Protektor 13B owl-ears rear bag and a left-handed Sinclair machine rest with windage top. The AR has a set of Kaw Valley low-power trigger group springs in it. I have shot sub-minute groups with this rifle using the 75-grain A-Max, so "confidence is high" for the results...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top