JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Total impulse buy.

The should arrive on Friday.

Screenshot_20191001-192020_Chrome.jpg

A tap handle to run a 3/8-16UNC tap down the holes for the bolts that will secure the adapter to the intake manifold. Gotta clean those threads or problems may arise. I had to return the sliding t-handle I bought earlier this week (driving shank was too big) for one claiming to handle a tap being 1/4" to 1/2" in diameter. The driving shank was too big on that one, too. I do not have a car, so I had to walk east 23 minutes to the hardware store. Had to walk that same 23 minutes into the afternoon sun to get home. Irritating. Time consuming. Have to cross a busy road (wait at a stoplight 90 seconds or so) to get to the store. Being a trucker, I abhor stoplights.

I'll get this project done one of these days. I may have to have an airbox custom-made to clear the hood. Going to have to cobble-up an extension to the throttle cable; I've got an idea for doing that. Time and money. Time and money. Time and money. And let us not forget the waterfall of frustration...

I believe that if I build my silencer to be the same size the fake one is, that it will not change the length of the weapon. But that's probably a pretty good question!

As long as you permanently attach your suppressor, pin and weld. Otherwise you would need a form 1 for the SBR also.

Legal disclaimer: Do your own research. Don't rely on my legal advice. :)

As long as you permanently attach your suppressor, pin and weld. Otherwise you would need a form 1 for the SBR also.

Legal disclaimer: Do your own research. Don't rely on my legal advice. :)

Thanks for the advice!

I have since figured out that the faux silencer is an empty can that extends backwards toward the chamber instead an empty can added at the end that extends the length. Removing the faux silencer does not change the actual barrel length.

To add a silencer and make it look the same as it did with faux silencer - I would in fact have to apply for a SBR stamp and actually have the barrel shortened to get the silencer to "nest" inside the hand guard like the factory look. I will add the silencer on the end for now, and enjoy the quietness while pondering the change over the next 4000 or 5000 rounds. LOL

I also picked up my latest piece.
Gorgeous pistol. Well above my pay grade. On what basis are such pieces of art made? Just to sell something so intricate that it will become a rarity as soon as the initial run is exhausted? You don't need to be told to keep the box and any accompanying documentation, to include the dated sales receipt. If you ever sell it, that kind of stuff really helps you to get back your investment.

Gorgeous pistol. Well above my pay grade. On what basis are such pieces of art made? Just to sell something so intricate that it will become a rarity as soon as the initial run is exhausted? You don't need to be told to keep the box and any accompanying documentation, to include the dated sales receipt. If you ever sell it, that kind of stuff really helps you to get back your investment.
Yes, everything as sent to me.

The latch for the charging handle came Saturday; couldn't get it until today. Nice design; the larger finger pad makes it very easy for a righthander to charge the wheppin with the support hand. $16; assuming it's made of powdered metal. Found it on ebay. Expecting the radical-lookin' endplate pretty soon. Got it from ebay, too. Just $2.19, I think it was. Free shipping. Ya gotta love that!

what did you buy today.JPG charging hangle-latch.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top