JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm pretty excited to get mine, I got that tac version because about a month ago I picked up a mantisX system for a G21 and am pretty stoked to try it out at the rang with the 22. Any "NEEDED" upgrades?

How do you like that MantisX system? You should post a thread about it!

NEEDED upgrades? Probably not. That didn't stop me from dumping $300+ into mine before I even shot it! I got the Volquartsen accurizing kit and a bunch of TandemKross goodies :)

Aero Precision M5E1 enhanced upper/hand guard combo for a future build

Great choice. I have an M4E1 combo and I love it!

Yep, I might have a couple of M4E1's in my safe too. I do like them a lot. :) I really like the design with the hand guard mounting point being part of the upper, not part of the barrel nut.

It really just makes sense. I have an 18" heavy barrel on my one M4E1 build and it's embarrassed a lot of buddies who've paid a lot more for their guns.

I was surprised to see someone the other day refer to Aero stuff in the same sentence with Anderson and PSA. I am not an expert on the quality of either of those but would think that Aero is a little better quality than that. As far as forged uppers/lowers go they are pretty high on my list.

I was surprised to see someone the other day refer to Aero stuff in the same sentence with Anderson and PSA. I am not an expert on the quality of either of those but would think that Aero is a little better quality than that. As far as forged uppers/lowers go they are pretty high on my list.

That's been my experience with them, definitely a tier above those two. I've never had an issue with any of their stuff.

How do you like that MantisX system? You should post a thread about it!

NEEDED upgrades? Probably not. That didn't stop me from dumping $300+ into mine before I even shot it! I got the Volquartsen accurizing kit and a bunch of TandemKross goodies :)

Honestly I like it way more then I should. I've yet to run it in live fire but I know it can handle it. I'll try to get it out this weekend and get some pics and video of it recording and shots, and see about a thread. But so far i'd recommend it.

I wish I had the 500$ right now to dump into this guys CO2 laser system that was at the show...

I shot it at the show and was pretty impressed with the system itself and aallllmostt pulled the trigger on it.

Seem to be getting more into ways to safely practice without having to reload or buy so much live ammo, haha. Thats actually the thought train behind the 22/45.

Sounds like your upgrades look like the shopping cart I'm making already xD
trying to decide on sights, whether I should opt for a small red dot or stick with something like night sights to make it match my cc more.

Somehow, it seems that no matter the deal on the firearm, we seem to find a way to double it with goodies... hahaha

Wow, you can run the MantisX in live fire mode too? Definitely take a video and create a thread about it, I'm intrigued.

I saw that guy at the show but didn't get a chance to test his system. Good to hear it works well, but that's a pretty steep price! I guess with the lack of ammo though you'll make up for it eventually.

I highly recommend that Volquartsen accurizing kit. The trigger is one of my favorites now. I went with a Fast Fire 3 because I use it for speed steel and rimfire challenge matches. The FF3 is alright, but I'm considering an upgrade as it's hard to find the dot sometimes.

Double it with goodies, you couldn't be more right :s0114:

I was up late last night and found myself on ebay buying a chest rig for my 460 Rowland . I have one exactly like it for my 45 xdsub mod2 45 so I know i'll like it .

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really a purchase, but a trade. I traded my Mosin Nagant M91/30 with the 'accessories' (bayonet, ammunition pouches, oil can, and sling) for a never fired Mossberg Trophy Hunter .30-06 with a Nikko Stirling 4-16x44 illuminated reticle scope. The rifle is very clean. I think I did okay on this trade (considering that I only paid $89 + tax for the Mosin at Big 5 Sporting Goods several years ago).

View attachment 3549

View attachment 3550

View attachment 3551

Wow, I'd say you did very well! I actually like my Mosins and I'd be tempted to make that trade :)

Thanks guys :rolleyes::D

589E41AE-71F4-4BBE-868D-28DFD83C425A.jpeg

463F64DF-95C2-41A7-9B26-3B534F01D6E6.jpeg

:)

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top