JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was on top of the world and debt-free for a day or two, then I went to the Emergency Room with what I thought was a blood clot. Five or six medical personnel and four hours later, I'm sure I'm in it up to my eyeballs again.
Yup! $3348. I will have company health insurance in about a week. Too late for that to cover this, though. Ain't that always the way it goes? Praise God I am not married and have no kids...

Got the physician's bill. Add $1447 to the ER cost of $3348 for a tidy total of $4795. That's just about five weeks' net income. I don't know right now what I would have bought with such money, but it would have paid my rent for five months...

So very tempted to buy four extended magazine release buttons for my AR-type rifles. Each one is just a few cents short of $20 a whack. Maybe once I've earned another week's pay...

Finally got my ten each QD lower receiver endplates. Whole lotta AR modifications on the near horizon: I have a bunch of little doo-dads and add-ons to assemble to the rifles I have-- or may not have. Now desperately needing the ambition to sit down and do it...

Just bought off ebay a 1/4-28 UNF tap and a t-head tap handle with which I will tap the grip screw holes all the way through and will then be able to use the constant-diameter trigger-creep adjustment screw I was sent in error when I ordered a turned-down one. I will then check and through-tap any other lowers that need it, and install the creep-adjustment screws into all I have. Got a friend at a gun show right now who is looking for extended magazine releases for me. I like the s-shaped ones because they clear the hammer pin hole. Most of the others available do not.

magazine release.JPG

My friend found just one for $10, which is about half for what I've seen them on-line. I've done so much AR work for him (so he says) that he wouldn't take the sawbuck so in essence, I got the thing for no charge. Nothin' to gripe about, there...

Last Edited:
Took possession of the assembled Palmetto State lower with two-stage nickel-boron trigger, today. First stage pulls back to its stop at two pounds. Trigger trips at 4½ pounds.

1005 Tactical 2-Stage Nickel Boron AR-15 Trigger Assembly - 4.5 lb Pull Weight

Fired the rifle for the first time, today. I really, really like the trigger. It goes back to its first position, then lets go with such ease and smoothness that it feels as if there's no second position to it at all. Breaks crisp & sharp. These triggers cost around eighty-some bucks. In my opinion, this trigger is better than my $135 Velocity. I'll buy more of them as the months pass. I've bought my last Velocity...

Finally got my ten each QD lower receiver endplates. Whole lotta AR modifications on the near horizon: I have a bunch of little doo-dads and add-ons to assemble to the rifles I have-- or may not have.

Exponential coolness. Chances are you'll not see too many of these at your local range...

end-plate-20.JPG end-plate-10.JPG

First thing I did when I turned 21 was take the NRA Basic Pistol course so I could get my CHL. One of the instructors had a Beretta 92FS he let me shoot, and I've been a fan ever since. For whatever reason I've never purchased one, there was always something one spot higher on the list. I even ordered a set of these wood grips last year, knowing that I'd eventually have one. It finally happened this week, I found a deal on a new M9 that I couldn't resist. People go back and forth on the 92FS vs the M9, and I was hesitant to order at first. Reading about the differences it seemed like personal preference with the slight edge to the 92FS, but one look at the pictures and I knew this 80's kid had to have that straight dust cover. This won't be used for anything serious, so chalk one up for nostalgia.

(I'll post pics once I have it)

I just bought a Walther 1911 .22 LR from Palmetto and a .40 S&W Alpha Wolf barrel for my Glock 10mm. Plus a couple of extra mags for the Walther. Couple of weeks ago I bought a Savage MKII Left-Hand target rifle and scope. That's it for a while!

aa walther.JPG

aa savage mk 2.JPG

I just bought a Walther 1911 .22 LR from Palmetto and a .40 S&W Alpha Wolf barrel for my Glock 10mm. Plus a couple of extra mags for the Walther. Couple of weeks ago I bought a Savage MKII Left-Hand target rifle and scope. That's it for a while!

View attachment 2911

View attachment 2912

I've been thinking about a Glock 10mm, how do you like yours?

I've heard great things about those Elfman triggers. I'd like to try one and compare it to my Geissele G2S and LaRue MBT.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top