JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These threads are always fun! Guns, accessories, holsters, and anything else firearm-related, lets see what you bought today :D

(include links if possible)

I'll start, though I actually bought this a couple days ago :D

I've wanted one of these in red since the day I first saw one, a Ruger MKIV 22/45 Lite.

720B332A-C89C-4ED5-9F1D-8D5BA0E8AD37.jpeg

No sir, never been. To be honest I'm not positive I've ever shot a SxS shotgun.

Nothing today, but I have a long list of Save for Later doo-dads and add-ons for the AR-15 platform on ebay. I found ten of the QD lower receiver endplates for $20. I've seen those batsards go for $25 or more each. I found three each QD endplates with QD swivels for fourteen or some such bucks. The swivels alone are $14 at Scheels. I want to try several of those trigger-creep adjustment screws that also secure the grip. Supposed to make the mil-spec trigger sharp and crisp. There are other things on the list, but no need to dissect every one.

I was out of work for six months with kidney cancer. I'm back now, and making a nice penny every two weeks. One check paid-off my credit card, upon which I had been paying over $100 a month in interest. I was on top of the world and debt-free for a day or two, then I went to the Emergency Room with what I thought was a blood clot. Five or six medical personnel and four hours later, I'm sure I'm in it up to my eyeballs again. I have no health insurance. I pay cash, and get a 25% discount because of it. The items on my Save for Later list could all be purchased for less than $200, but now's just not the right time. I have other things which require my money, so the upgrades will have to wait a bit...

Bought an assembled carbine lower from Palmetto State Armory five or six days ago. $200 plus $17 in shipping. It has a two-stage nickel-boron trigger. I bought it pretty much for the trigger, and to match it up with an unmated upper I have. When this PSA lower is pinned to the lonesome upper, I will own fourteen AR-type rifles. Every one is configured differently, and I love every one. Going to have to pay 7.51% sales tax on it (NV charges for out-of-state sales), the pawnbroker's $40 transfer fee and the $25 FBI check. I figger I'll get away with the lower costing me another $81 over the retail price. That $40 transfer fee really rips my assets. Most places charge thirty bucks. I can attempt to rationalize it by remembering that it costs me $10 in gas to drive to Sparks (and back) to receive the gun at Scheels. So I guess it's six of one and half a dozen of the other...

Just bought ten each QD lower receiver endplates, two ambidextrous safety selectors, one of those grip screws with a smaller screw inside it to adjust the mil-spec trigger, a Strike Industries enhanced bolt catch and something else I'm sure I've forgotten. Bought all these things off ebay, and all of them are free of shipping charges. I abhor paying for shipping. If an item I want has shipping charges added, I will find another seller who doesn't charge shipping. ebay is a buyer's market. I have no idea why any seller would add shipping when so many others do not...

. . . one of those grip screws with a smaller screw inside it to adjust the mil-spec trigger...
There are two kinds of these trigger-adjusters. One kind has the same diameter from head to end, and is threaded all the way to the end. This kind is for lowers that are threaded all the way through. The second type has the end of it turned-down for lowers that are not threaded all the way through. Word is these lowers are of Anderson manufacture. If I was in the market to buy one of these screws, I'd just get the reduced-diameter one and not have to worry about whether or not my lower has its grip screw hole threaded all the way through. Combine this adjuster with a set of Kaw Valley low-power hammer and trigger springs, and you'll have the hot set-up for much less than one of those unitized, drop-in triggers.

Trigger adjuster
Kaw Valley Precision AR-15 Reduced Power Trigger Spring Kit

Last Edited:
The deal on Federal Ammo with the rebate was too good to pass up. I'm stocked up for my other calibers, so I ordered a bunch of .308.

I guess I need a .308 now :s0112:

image.jpg

Couldn't take receipt of my assembled PSA lower, today, because the FBI NICS number was off-line. Maybe people starting to buy guns again after Election Day? Will have to grab it on Saturday...

Took possession of the assembled Palmetto State lower with two-stage nickel-boron trigger, today. First stage pulls back to its stop at two pounds. Trigger trips at 4½ pounds. Looks like a mil-spec hammer spring is used. I will replace it with a low-power spring in an effort to make the trigger trip at an even lesser value...

1005 Tactical 2-Stage Nickel Boron AR-15 Trigger Assembly - 4.5 lb Pull Weight

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top