JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1587948101885.png

I have had it for 30+ years. I got it with broken grips and could not find a proper replacement back then. I got those brass grips for a song many years ago but they would not fit properly.

Zoom back to the 21st century: I asked the very good people of Cave Creek Guns to modify the brass grip so they would finally fit and voilà! Picked it up yesterday.

It is a Unique Mikros ,25 ACP (6.35 mm) 6-shot made by Manufacture d'Armes des Pyrénées Françaises (MAPF) in the '50s and '60s. Believe it or not there is a very recent 4# $900 book about MAPF! Unique Pistols; The Pistols of Manufacturer d'Armes des Pyrenees Francais from 1923 to 1945 and Related Spanish Pistols by Robert L. Adair Jr. (2015-08-02): Robert L. Adair Jr.: 9780986215209: Amazon.com: Books

I was familiar with Unique for their line of competition pistols such as the DES-69U so I bought that little one knowing it would be a good pistol. It's probably an even better pistol now, a the "gaudy" grips add some significant weight compared to the original plastic ones.

The round shown with the Mikros is, appropriately, a French 7.5.

1587949733648.png

Will fit in the palm of one's hand. :)

My initial idea 30 years ago was to give it to my better half but that didn't work out very well. Her pale green eyes turned steel grey and she told me "Ah ah, very funny, now hand over that nickel 220 .45 of yours..." :(

Never argue with a woman, particularly with a loaded .45 in her hand, if you want your relationship to last. ;)

Last Edited:
Added another 45 to my collection. A FNH FNX45 Tactical with a Vortex Venom factory installed. I added the OLIGHT Baldr Pro combo green laser sight with 1350 lumen LED light. IMHO the Olight has better performance than the Streamlight TLR-2 HL G at half the price.
This one is a shooter not a safe queen.

75BE6954-D024-4437-9917-6398AE1C8FD8.jpeg

I ended up getting this scope as partial payment for some work. It is a Leupold VX-3 6.5-20x50. The metal around the eye piece was broken, and the coating on one of the lenses looked like it had an issue. So, I sent it in to Leupold ($27 for priority mail insured). They fixed it no charge and sent it back to me. I then purchased both of the flip up covers for it (I think those things set me back just over $100 for the pair). So, I got a $900 scope for under $130 total out of pocket. Not too shabby.

View attachment 7808 View attachment 7809 View attachment 7810 View attachment 7811

Great scope and you stole it!!:)

Just looked at an email that indicates the action will/should ship to the Scheels in Sparks on May 18, 2020. Let us pray that COVID-19 by that time is a bad memory...
TL3 action shipped today from Zermätt Arms in Bennet, Nebraska. Because Monday is Memorial Day, there will be no delivery to the FFL's place of business. Tuesday at the earliest. Had to find a new transferring dealer because Scheels does not transfer bare actions. Found one six miles from my house; $25 transfer fee, $25 background check plus 7.1% County sales tax on a $1300 action (about $92).

New Resource Reviews

Back Top