JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have never thought about ebay for gun parts. I'll have to check it out.
They have dam-ned near everyt'ing you'd want. One example is ambidextrous safety selectors for AR-15s. They go for as little as five or six bucks. Another is big-paddle bolt releases; ones made by Strike Industries go for as little as fourteen bucks. I choose only items that offer free shipping. Why should I sodomize myself with shipping that can be as much as 100% of the purchase price?

Nice - I cheated, got a complete MOE + lower from PSA.

20190629_150433-1.jpg

Final look was different with the SiG Romeo5, and MAN, what an awesome red dot! Gonna get another one. Target shot at 100 yards front rested. Nothing special, but works for me.

TP1 with new lower and Romeo5.jpg

Nope its not me.jpg

Two ambidextrous safety selectors for Black Rifles. Ordered several days ago from ebay; got them today. I think I also ordered something else; can't remember what it was or if I even did place the order. July 1: 50-count Hornady .375 Ruger brass to cold-form into my wildcat brass. $59.53 ($1.19 each) at Sportsman's Whorehouse. Got them through the third forming die this morning. Now to trim to 2.494 inches and run through the resizing die. Trim again after running them through the resizing die, then anneal before their first loading. Have to also chamfer the inside of the flash hole and bevel-off the primer pocket to a small degree...

Last Edited:
The semi-formed brass for my two wildcats. Sorry it's out of focus. My apologies for not getting this edit done before the 30-minute limit expired. The battery in my camera was too low to take the picture around 1800 PDT. Guess it was also too low to power the flash, even after being on the charger for about twenty minutes.

The brass up front has been through forming dies Number 1, 2 and 3. The "false shoulder" you see on the single row of cases on the rear block is there because one of my dies has a lip inside that will crush the shoulder unless the cases are not trimmed to their design length of 2.494 inches long. Least I thought it did, but it appears I was wrong because 80% of them are through FD3. Will certainly have to trim to length before the cases can be run through the resizing die.

Hard to see, but you can see where the factory shoulder was; look for a faint line around the overly-long neck of the case on the left of the two standing by themselves. I like that my design totally irons-out the factory shoulder. There is absolutely no bump or impediment there at all. I form the brass for the .358 wildcat and if I want .300 brass, I just use the FD3 for the .300 and its resizing die. It's easy to neck them down; all but impossible to neck them up...

stomper-brass.JPG

Last Edited:
The semi-formed brass for my two wildcats. Sorry it's out of focus. My apologies for not getting this edit done before the 30-minute limit expired. The battery in my camera was too low to take the picture around 1800 PDT. Guess it was also too low to power the flash, even after being on the charger for about twenty minutes.

The brass up front has been through forming dies Number 1, 2 and 3. The "false shoulder" you see on the single row of cases on the rear block is there because one of my dies has a lip inside that will crush the shoulder unless the cases are not trimmed to their design length of 2.494 inches long. Least I thought it did, but it appears I was wrong because 80% of them are through FD3. Will certainly have to trim to length before the cases can be run through the resizing die.

Hard to see, but you can see where the factory shoulder was; look for a faint line around the overly-long neck of the case on the left of the two standing by themselves. I like that my design totally irons-out the factory shoulder. There is absolutely no bump or impediment there at all. I form the brass for the .358 wildcat and if I want .300 brass, I just use the FD3 for the .300 and its resizing die. It's easy to neck them down; all but impossible to neck them up...

View attachment 4537

NV you should start a thread on reloading. Something like What did you reload today. I'm guessing at this time it won't get a lot of use but I will post in it with you. Its a great way to get people interested in reloading. I started reloading because of members on NWFA.

NV, you should start a thread on reloading.
I may never load or fire another round after yesterday and today. I was disqualified to drive a Class 8 truck because my neck is more than 19" around, and my Body Mass Index is 43. I am a high-risk potential for sleep apnea. It's still early in my downward spiral, but it seems finding a doctor to diagnose the apnea is a difficult prospect, the sleep study is expensive and time-consuming, and I will most likely need a CPAP machine. All of these will require a great deal of time and money I do not have. I have lived in Nevada for almost fifteen years. I love this place. I will have to move back to the northern part of Virginia, and back into my dads' home-- at 61 years of age. He's 89, so I might be welcome to help him out with stuff he can no longer do at his age.

Virginia is a miserable place to live. The summers are hot, rainy and suffocatingly humid. The winters are a wet and sloppy cold. There is NO PLACE at all to shoot unless you own your own five hundred acres. There are too many stoplights, too many cars and too many people in small areas. Rather than go on, just let me say the place is among the very last places I'd ever want to live. If I have to go back I'll just get ready to die, as Morgan Freeman's character Red said in Shawshank Redemption.

I figgered my blood pressure would sink me. It didn't; it was 123/69 after a fifteen-minute laydown. I was up early on Sunday morning (June 30) after being up very late on Saturday night. I took a nap from 1715 to 2030 Sunday afternoon, then was unable to sleep Sunday night. Up early on Monday (July 1) to go get my new glasses so I could pass the vision test (failed that the previous Friday, June 29). I was tired; felt really dragged-out. I made comment about that, and was given a form to answer about sleepiness during the day, ever have a motor vehicle accident because you fell asleep while driving, have you ever fallen asleep while driving. I had to answer truthfully, so I answered Yes to two of the four questions. Combining my BMI, my neck diameter and the two Yes questions, I was summarily disqualified as a driver. I cannot make ends meet on $12 an hour in Nevada, so moving back home looks to be my only remedy to this problem. I can get some sort of asinine, no-intelligence-required job there, but my heart will always be here and I will always want to be a trucker. As far as shooting, those days sure look to be over and done...

I may never load or fire another round after yesterday and today. I was disqualified to drive a Class 8 truck because my neck is more than 19" around, and my Body Mass Index is 43. I am a high-risk potential for sleep apnea. It's still early in my downward spiral, but it seems finding a doctor to diagnose the apnea is a difficult prospect, the sleep study is expensive and time-consuming, and I will most likely need a CPAP machine. All of these will require a great deal of time and money I do not have. I have lived in Nevada for almost fifteen years. I love this place. I will have to move back to the northern part of Virginia, and back into my dads' home-- at 61 years of age. He's 89, so I might be welcome to help him out with stuff he can no longer do at his age.

Virginia is a miserable place to live. The summers are hot, rainy and suffocatingly humid. The winters are a wet and sloppy cold. There is NO PLACE at all to shoot unless you own your own five hundred acres. There are too many stoplights, too many cars and too many people in small areas. Rather than go on, just let me say the place is among the very last places I'd ever want to live. If I have to go back I'll just get ready to die, as Morgan Freeman's character Red said in Shawshank Redemption.

I figgered my blood pressure would sink me. It didn't; it was 123/69 after a fifteen-minute laydown. I was up early on Sunday morning (June 30) after being up very late on Saturday night. I took a nap from 1715 to 2030 Sunday afternoon, then was unable to sleep Sunday night. Up early on Monday (July 1) to go get my new glasses so I could pass the vision test (failed that the previous Friday, June 29). I was tired; felt really dragged-out. I made comment about that, and was given a form to answer about sleepiness during the day, ever have a motor vehicle accident because you fell asleep while driving, have you ever fallen asleep while driving. I had to answer truthfully, so I answered Yes to two of the four questions. Combining my BMI, my neck diameter and the two Yes questions, I was summarily disqualified as a driver. I cannot make ends meet on $12 an hour in Nevada, so moving back home looks to be my only remedy to this problem. I can get some sort of asinine, no-intelligence-required job there, but my heart will always be here and I will always want to be a trucker. As far as shooting, those days sure look to be over and done...

The sleep apnea thing is real. Born in 1958 myself. I've been sleeping with a CPAP since about 1985. I agree, getting a diagnosis these days involves jumping through a lot more hoops than it used to.

PM me for more details. Need to get ready for work. I have a few ideas how to skin that cat. It could be worse however. Dad could live in Illinois like mine did.

Z

Well damn!! I say you kick this some bi#$# in the azz and keep on keepin on!! My dad is 75 and we lost my mom two months ago. I tell ya he has done more in the last two months. Any how all I'm sayin my friend is don't quit. And what you can't do is quit shooting there is always a way.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top