JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ordered a MagPul M700 fixed-stock in FDE at about 1900 PDT, this date (October 2, 2023).

It was $570, plus $15 in shipping and $36-some in tax. I got $57 off for grabbing some promotional code, bringing the total to just a few bucks plus-or-minus from the retail price. I didn't get exactly what I wanted, but I got something after looking for several years. I'll be a believer when the thing is actually in my hands, and I can actually see it with my own eyebones...
Item arrived on Friday, Oct 6. I'm short on time today, so all I can say is the thing is a work of art. It has a solid feel to it; not hollow nor "plasticky." My TL-3 dropped right into the receiver area after I swapped-over the block-off plates that allow the stock to be ambidextrous. I don't have a barrel yet but I eyeballed the clearance between the mouth of the receiver and the aluminum chassis, and it looks like the Savage Arms-type barrel nut that secures the barrel to the receiver will present no interference problems. I would have to believe MagPul did a lot of research regarding all the different makers of actions out there, and they designed this chassis to fit them all.

This one came so fast, I'm all revved-up about the one coming from S2Δ. I've decided to keep them both and maybe someday I'll build a second rifle that will use the one that goes wanting in the present days. Or... I could sell it to a good home if the buyer doesn't want to wait for years to get one...

This one came so fast, I'm all revved-up about the one coming from S2Δ. I've decided to keep them both and maybe someday I'll build a second rifle that will use the one that goes wanting in the present days. Or... I could sell it to a good home if the buyer doesn't want to wait for years to get one...
The chassis from S2Delta arrived today. It is so lightweight, the box felt like it was empty. Once unboxed, it felt as if I had nothing in my hand. This one is also a work of art. I immediately swapped-over the filler to make this item a lefty, and attached the thumb rest to the right side. I looked at where the mouth of the action will be and saw there is oodles of volume where the barrel nut will be. The assets-end of the chassis is not shaped for an easy attachment of an A2 rifle stock. Why the designers didn't do that, I cannot figger-out. Would have been so easy and so simple to have the rear of the chassis immediately ready to just screw-in the buffer tube, slide the stock over the tube and tighten the screw to secure the stock to the tube. But they didn't do that. It will accept a carbine tube with a collapsible buttstock, but that won't cut it for me because I want this rifle to hit small targets at great distances. A wobbly CAR-15 stock ain't gonna do it.

I took some digital pictures, but I haven't fooled-around with editing and resizing images for quite a while. I don't remember how to do it, so no pictures for right now.

I can see an A2 buffer tube screwed into the rear of the chassis, a drop of blue Loc-Tite to hold it, the full-length rifle stock slipped over the tube and three screws located on the left side of the stock that attach to stock to the buffer tube. It won't be pretty, but it should work. There is nothing within the buffer tube, so having three screws intrude into that space will present no problems...

S2Delta chassis 02.JPG S2Delta right side 480 pix.JPG

Last Edited:
Ordered a MagPul M700 fixed-stock in FDE at about 1900 PDT, this date. Wanted one that showed on Midway USA's website at $854, but was unable to have the checkout and payment proceed. Went back to the Midway homepage and found another (the FDE one) for $500-some. Ordered that one and it went right through. The MagPul stocks are ambidextrous; just remove the small plates/spacers for the opposite hand and replace them to the other side. My action is left-bolt and right-ejection, so I must have an ambidextrous stock. These stocks have been unavailable for several years. I saw that Midway USA had a bunch in stock, checked my balance at Morgan Stanley and went for it! It is slated to arrive by FedEx Ground in about ten days. Now I need to buy a trigger, a safety if it doesn't come with the trigger, an AICS magazine system, and a barrel for my TL-3 action. Then comes the $3600 Nightforce scope...

It was $570, plus $15 in shipping and $36-some in tax. I got $57 off for grabbing some promotional code, bringing the total to just a few bucks plus-or-minus from the retail price. I didn't get exactly what I wanted, but I got something after looking for several years. I'll be a believer when the thing is actually in my hands, and I can actually see it with my own eyebones...

View attachment 22253
This is sexy!!!

This is sexy!!!
Yes; the MagPul is a nice chassis. Has a really good "feel" to it. The forearm is all set-up for M-LOK attachments. Barrel channel is wide enough for a barrel of the same diameter as that of the action. The last several inches of the buttstock have a shallow angle so as to allow it to be used in a bunny bag. Has several QD sockets and sling loops for attaching a sling pretty much however you would want. The MagPul came without action screws; the S2Delta did come with action screws. The MagPul came with a straight grip and an angled grip, like you'd see on an AR-type rifle. The S2 came with no grip, but did come with a grip screw and toothed washer. I have somehow misplaced the washer around my digs, and it's really irritating me. I put it "someplace I'd not forget," and I've forgotten where that is. It's just a simple washer with exterior teeth, but it's the principle of the matter. A new one is probably 25 cents-- but I'd have to go get it-- which consumes a bit of my very limited time away from work. The MagPul has a comb that adjusts up & down by around 0.8 inches. The buttplate of the MagPul can also be adjusted by about four degrees for the shooter's desired cant.

Both are such nice stocks that I've decided to keep them both. I can't imagine the Boe JiteMe Joke-ministration would have a problem with a rifle that has the capability to hit a one-gallon jug of Hawaiian Punch from 1600 yards. So nice that the bravo-itch Dianne "Dingbat" Feinswine has bitten the dust. Both chassis have/require a "protruding pistol grip." As we all know, that "protruding pistol grip" has the power to take control of a man's mind and force him to perpetrate heinous crimes with his Evil Black Rifle. And here I thought the owners of AR-type rifles were forced to commit heinous crimes because of the "500-bullet clip" the rifle uses. I've owned AR-type rifles since April of 1983 and never had any idea about the suggestive powers of the grip and the clips magazines used by the rifle. Y'learn something new everyday, huh?

I do in fact try to learn something new and the sad part is I'm getting to the age where i forget things and then hear things I knew but thought it was new info haha

Picked up a 357 S/W model 19-3, 1971 if I read the web site correctly. In close to excellent condition, did swap out the rear blade for a white line one. Fired 50 38 special thru it, then about 25 357 magnum. Local fun store said I'd not notice a difference in the two ammo, they are WRONG!! Big difference!!
That makes three of different - models I have. Two -3's, and one -9. All are a blast to shoot.........hang on tight!!

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top