JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It all seems like a heavy price to pay, not to mention a stupid way to lose your guns. Just to smoke some weed and get high. And let's face it, that's all this is about.
I used to feel the same way until I had a cousin that went through Kemo, fighting cancer and that's the only thing that seemed to help him. Can't imagine that's the choice some have to make just to be pain free. Tough call indeed.

Oregon Supreme Court has declared that prohibition of firearms to medical marijuana patients is unconstitutional, by our state's constitution I figure. Here you can't be denied a firearm or permit based on medical marijuana use, unless I suppose the feds came after ya.
However, I agree with the OP... you'd be an idiot, especially now that it is legalized recreationally here, to ever get a MMC in Oregon.
Federal law enforcement trumps all State Supreme Courts. It has to be taken off of CSA schedule I. Utah BCI which issues Utah CFPs regularly gets idiots who include a copy of their State issued MMC card with their CFP application which results in their Utah CFP application being denied.

To quote one of the Utah BCI agents who conducted my instructor renewal class las April, "You can't fix stupid, but you can give it a court date."

If you sign a HIPAA waiver as a term of getting a CCW, know that if you ever test positive for THC that you can get not only your CCWs revoked but also a visit by BATFE to have your firearms taken.

Well, we have a "shall issue" clause and OSC has declared denial based solely on the possession of a MMC is against our state constitution, so like I said and you say, the feds would have to intervene. I haven't heard of any federal agencies coming in and doing such things, and I don't think it would be viewed as appropriate up here. They'd have to come up with some other charges to pass the public smell test. Not that the feds can't or won't, just that it's highly unlikely unless there are other reasons for their visit.

I also think that state law should take presidence over the details of law, and the feds should keep it simple (I know, fat chance).

Anyway, I just wanted to point out how it is in Oregon. I didn't mean to bust a blood vessel in anyone's forehead.

I think there are exceptions to every rule. As humans we have the right to choose what we do with our lives. I personally would not go shooting with someone that smokes it for any reason.

With that said I have really good friends and if one of them said hey I had to start using the stuff to get by from the pain because of this. I would listen and then make a decision. Its a trust issue and I trust my friends and the people that I hang out with.

I think there are exceptions to every rule. As humans we have the right to choose what we do with our lives. I personally would not go shooting with someone that smokes it for any reason.

With that said I have really good friends and if one of them said hey I had to start using the stuff to get by from the pain because of this. I would listen and then make a decision. Its a trust issue and I trust my friends and the people that I hang out with.

Sounds like the first 'decision' you would make is to no longer go shooting with that person
Of course that would also include ostracizing them from your other 'friends' as well

Sounds like the first 'decision' you would make is to no longer go shooting with that person
Of course that would also include ostracizing them from your other 'friends' as well

If a friend came to me I would make that decision then. If I know my friends well enough I won't have to ever worry about it but if it did happen then I know they would never put themselves or there family and friends in harms way to begin with.

I do think there are some medical benefits to marijuana .
I also think that most people that do have the card just want to smoke dope.
When it comes right down to it I could care less whether someone wants to smoke dope or not.
There are way more bad things that happen with drinking alcohol than ever happened when someone smoked dope.

Even if I did smoke dope I would never have a medical marijuana card just for the simple fact that it would jeopardize my right to own a gun.

There is a lot of evidence that cannabis is effective in treating many ailments including cancer, dementia, and other maladies. The evidence is not just anecdotal and there are peer reviewed studies as proof. MJ extracts have allowed some people to give up opiates for pain relief as well as other drugs.

There is a lot of evidence that cannabis is effective in treating many ailments including cancer, dementia, and other maladies. The evidence is not just anecdotal and there are peer reviewed studies as proof. MJ extracts have allowed some people to give up opiates for pain relief as well as other drugs.

& if marijuana doesn't help with opiate withdrawal Kratom generally will

I have bad social anxiety ...
Please define per your particular case. If it means you feel uncomfortable around groups of people, that was me until the middle 1990s. I always felt that people I'd never met didn't like me, were critiquing my appearance or thinking I rode to school on the short bus. My dad tried for years to tell me I was wrong, but it's difficult to change the mind of a kid whom truly believes what he believes. I eventually grew out of my affliction and today, I don't give a flying copulation about what other people might think about me. Unless Joe Blow comes up to me and says something to me about whatever, I'm unaffected...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top