JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do not see any gun safe useful in the night stand.
When I had children I trained them never to touch unless I was there. They knew where everything was and in the beginning they were unloaded with all and I do mean ALL the ammo locked up. Years passed and the mystery went away. Your situation is different and please do find somtething that you feel secure with. Knowing the seconds that it takes to open said devce could mean living or dieing
I have a dog with free run of the place so early warning is understood. At night when he barks I get the light and the .45 and we together go look.

i have my gun on me at all times, i don't need safes for handguns. when i'm sleeping, they're in a holster attached to a rigger's belt with a cobra buckle for fast attachment so i can be ready if something happens at night.

If some bad dude broke into my place while I was in dreamland, I'd call a social worker upon waking. Word is a social worker can talk to the criminal, get inside his feelings, build some empathy and it won't be long before we're all singing Kum-ba-yah in perfect harmony...

When my own kids were young I taught them to keep their hands off! But as things always do Things change. Now we have grandkids around that grandpa does not have control over how they are taught!

In my office drawer I have an inexpensive lock box that if tampered with chimes loudly! if you do the wrong combo it chimes also. its loud enough that it can be heard anywhere in the house.
Its enough to keep the honest hands out, and tattle on those that break the rules! DR

I have my gun on me at all times...
You must be one of those Second Amendment "nuts." I was reading comments on NewsBreak today when I read one by some idiot rectal orifice whom called we who lawfully own and use our firearms "gun nuts." I shot back at him regarding why is it that you liberal filth are such First Amendment, Fourth Amendment and Fifth Amendment nuts? You want to negate my Enumerated Right, yet you will defend your favorites to the bitter end-- or at least until Slanderson Pooper comes on to deliver the spun-up drek CNN claims is "news."

The Framers wrote the Bill of Rights to have all ten be equally powerful in defense of Liberty and equal in status without regard to the order of their enumeration. In other words, the Ninth is just as valuable in the protection of Liberty for the American People as is the Fourth. Yet, the liberal dingbats seek to diminish or even to erase the Second. It's my opinion that if even one falls, the rest are soon to follow. The liberal reasoning will be that one was altered, so why not another? Times have changed, so why not tailor the Freedom of the American People to the present day? The problem there is that Freedom is timeless-- and the Framers knew that all too well. The idiot liberals who want our Constitution to be a "living document" are just plain wrong. If the Constitution is easy to change, it won't be long until it's unrecognizable from what was originally written-- and our God-given Rights will be meaningless...

I put one of these in for my bro--the safe comes with concrete bolts but dear bro didn't want to do things the factory way, so we spent 12 hours doing it his 'redesigned' way. Anyhow he keeps his AR-15 in his safe

I put one of these in for my bro--the safe comes with concrete bolts but dear bro didn't want to do things the factory way, so we spent 12 hours doing it his 'redesigned' way. Anyhow he keeps his AR-15 in his safe

Thanks for the find!

That looks like a good idea for some. I take to long time to bend over and sometimes longer to straighten up. So on the floor is out for me. I do not have prying eyes or little fingers where the lumps of steel are kept.
I disagree with dangerranger completely. My guns my rules. Everyone in the family knows it and no one challenges me on this. The other grandpa is the same way. The wee ones are always requesting time with us and the parents all ex military (both) know that there will be times when the lumps of steel are taken out. Having children of military officers is wonderful, they are patient and attentive. Even when I have baby sitting duty. They will politetly remind me that mom and dad allow this. But I am not mom or dad is my reply. I am not going to be on the evening news for something completely avoidable. I may not move fast but the brain still works at light speed.

That looks like a good idea for some. I take to long time to bend over and sometimes longer to straighten up. So on the floor is out for me. I do not have prying eyes or little fingers where the lumps of steel are kept.
I disagree with dangerranger completely. My guns my rules. Everyone in the family knows it and no one challenges me on this. The other grandpa is the same way. The wee ones are always requesting time with us and the parents all ex military (both) know that there will be times when the lumps of steel are taken out. Having children of military officers is wonderful, they are patient and attentive. Even when I have baby sitting duty. They will politetly remind me that mom and dad allow this. But I am not mom or dad is my reply. I am not going to be on the evening news for something completely avoidable. I may not move fast but the brain still works at light speed.
Yeah good points and everyone's situation is different for sure

2 years ago Costco was blowing out the Longhorn end table safe for 250, I could kick myself for not buying one, or 2, lol.
I just have my M@P 9mm with light and laser on a gun magnet behind my bed headboard. It can't be seen unless you know its there. If i get woken up by an intruder, I don't want to worry about opening a safe while coming out of a deep sleep.

Last Edited:
2 years ago Costco was blowing out the Longhorn end table safe for 250, I could kick myself for not buying one, or 2, lol.
I just have my M@P 9mm with light and laser on a gun magnet behind my bed headboard. It can't be seen unless you know its there. If i get woken up by an intruder, I don't want to worry about opening a safe while coming out of a deep sleep.
Hate when those deals pass you up….Biden working on that to help right!?

I may not move fast, but the brain still works at light speed.
If you were to give Joe BiteMe just two or three of your neurons, you'd double what he already has. Such a sorry batsard he is. When he got the Gettysburg Address mixed-up with "the... the... you know, the thing," that should have been undeniable proof that we've (allegedly) elected a senile buffoon who should be nowhere near the nuclear launch codes. Our enemies around the world have to just love this brain-damaged fool...

The old woman is your lady or the gun? Hahaha
Between The Dawg and The Old Woman, I doubt the Glock would have to come into play, lol... Seriously tho, I have a gun safe but it's not the EZ Open kind next to the bed. The Staffordshire sleeps at the foot of the bed. Having been attacked in our home and having to defend us once already, I keep the tools handy. We didnt have a dog then and things went further than they might have.

Chiming in a little late but I'd sponsor
"Stop Box" for the night stand.
They use to be $80-100 now looks like a little more. I still use the same ones I bought couple years ago. The AR chamber lock is actually rugged compared to their first product (which I still use several).

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top