Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Gun bluing needed

Reactions
I have an older marlin lever action 22 that I just bought that the guy spray painted. I want to get it blued. Any recommendations.

Reactions
You may be able to get away with removing the paint and having the blueing still be nice underneath. I have removed paint from several firearms over the years and you would never know they were painted.

OP
JBrown
Reactions
You may be able to get away with removing the paint and having the blueing still be nice underneath. I have removed paint from several firearms over the years and you would never know they were painted.
Nope not so lucky.

Reactions
Wright Armory in Mesa is where I would take it. Tons of photos of their work on their website and IG pages. They have assisted me in several projects where I thought they shined on the finished results.

Reactions
How did you try removing the paint ?
If you use lacquer thinner it should work and will not effect the bluing or the finish on the wood.
I have done it several times to guns people thought they should spray paint.

OP
JBrown
Reactions
How did you try removing the paint ?
If you use lacquer thinner it should work and will not effect the bluing or the finish on the wood.
I have done it several times to guns people thought they should spray paint.
Someone used steel wool to remove blueing before spray painting. I didn't remove all the paint for fear of rusting before I get it blued.

OP
JBrown
Reactions
Wright Armory in Mesa is where I would take it. Tons of photos of their work on their website and IG pages. They have assisted me in several projects where I thought they shined on the finished results.
I think I'll contact them. I prefer local

LATEST REVIEWS

• Bruno Shooter Supply
    4.00 star(s)
    When I can get there, I never leave without buying something I needs, because they always have something I need!
    • armoredman
  • New Frontier Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    Great store and inventory, they have a lot of items. The staff is always friendly and helpful. This place gets really busy and you have to take a...
    • djthumper
  • Las Vegas Shooting Center
    5.00 star(s)
    Lots of room to get around in the store. The range looked nicely lit. Friendly staff.
    • djthumper
  • Clark County Shooting Complex
    5.00 star(s)
    I like the range, the staff is friendly and helpful. I wish they were open on Mondays, especially those holiday Mondays. I have been to our other...
    • djthumper
  • Bruno Shooter Supply
    5.00 star(s)
    I drove up there from Chandler to get what I needed. Simple layout, products on shelves, no BS marketing fluff or decorations or signage. No...
    • MadDuner

ONLINE NOW

No members online now.