JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Howdy all,
My name is Dennis and hail from Oregon where i live with my wife and 2 adult sons.
Enjoy exploring the backcountry in one our many 4x4's and even like to shoot when time allows.
Recongize a few others from our local flavor of this site,thanks to Joe Link our esteemed Admin:cool:
RK

Welcome to the site Dennis! Be sure and let me know what you think of this software. NWFA might convert eventually.

Thanks for the welcome,
It is definitley different than what i am used to,actually surprised to see the simplicity of it.
Liking the uncluttered formatt so far,back to basics.

That's exactly what I like about it as well. Simple to register, simple to post, easy to read, clean, fast.

Don't forget to upload an avatar :)

Still trying to figure out the preferences on this forum,once it's figured out i will get an avitar up.
So is it safe to say that this formatt for the forum is easier to manage from an admin point of view ?

edit: figured it out from the drop down under my username.

Just click your name near the upper left and it'll drop down the preferences :)

And yes, it's so much easier. All the reported posts and such go into a main 'queue', which moderators can 'claim' and handle then 'close', much like an IT support system. Still figuring out the main ins and outs, but so far I like it. If NWFA switches it'll probably be at least a year down the road though, once this site gets big enough to fully test the software.

So where is the quote button ?
I mod on a large Suzuki Samurai site and sometimes i am wishing it was a little less cluttered as well.
Joe,while there are things / people on NWFA i disagree with ,overall you took a vision and made it work and i don't see this one being much different.
Back when you started the site we had many conversations in chat and gunshows about your vision and where you wanted to take it,you accomplished that. Can't ask for much more.
RK

If you click reply toward the lower right of a post it quotes it. To quote multiple messages, you just click reply on the messages you want to quote.

Thanks for the words of encouragement man, I appreciate it. It hasn't been easy, but I've never done anything so fulfilling in my lifetime as create NWFA. I'm hoping to do the same for the folks of the southwest, and I'm sure I will succeed :)

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top