JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
However, he signed into law....

Among the gun-related bills signed by the governor:

-- AB48 makes it illegal to purchase the parts necessary to convert guns into assault-style weapons and requires people selling or transferring ammunition to record the identification of the buyer and report the sale to the state Department of Justice.

-- SB683 will require people who buy rifles and shotguns to first pass a written firearm safety test and obtain a certificate, just like the buyers of handguns must.

-- AB500 allows the Department of Justice to extend the waiting time to purchase a firearm if a background check can't be completed within 10 days.

-- AB170 requires assault weapon permits to be issued to individuals, rather than to partnerships, corporations or other groups.

-- AB1131 extends from six months to five years the period during which a person who threatens violence is prohibited from purchasing a firearm.

-- SB127 requires licensed psychotherapists to disclose to local law enforcement within 24 hours the identity of a person who threatens violence against a reasonably identifiable person.

and 5 more!! Complete list here... http://www.insidebayarea.com/news/ci_24291225/list-california-gun-bills-signed-or-vetoed-by

Last Edited:
he also banned lead in ammo so that effectively ends 'legal' shooting in that state (how will the gang bangers cope?) that was the intent of the Bill right, to reduce crime?

Who cares......we need at least one state where the lefties can huddle together, sipping their mochas, eating their tofu and donating to PETA. Get them all together and let them fall into the ocean when the big one hits.

California slipped into the darkness decades ago.....they are mostly blind at this point.

It's a show. They never really intended on passing the worst of the anti-gun bills. They wanted to let the people console themselves that "it could have been worse" and accept the massive infringements that DID pass. If those bills had passed on their own they would have caused a massive backlash, but because they were overshadowed by the new AWB they are conveniently pushed out of the spotlight.

Governor moonbeam sucked so badly the last time he was in office I had to laugh when those idiots elected him again. Did they think that after Linda Ronstadt dumped him back in the 70's he would veer to the right? Or have they all gone completely mad?

This is the same man that appointed Rose Bird (AKA Rosey and the supremes) who, as chief justice and through judicial fiat, commuted Manson's sentence from death to life WITH eligibility for parole when her and her cronies decided they didn't like the death penalty.

God I'm glad I exited that state 15+ years ago!

Glad I got out before he took office - worked corrections there for 15 years and I couldn't believe the number of morons - mostly not sworn but plenty of them too - that planned to vote for him because they thought he would give them a raise..... yeah right...

Even after I pointed out to a few of our engineers that he was no friend to corrections the first go round and may well cost them their jobs they were still drinking the kool aid.

Moonbeam's father and himself were both friends with the guy who got the patent on smog pumps and helped push the requirement for them on cars sold in CA - what did they do? they pumped fresh air into the exhaust manifold so emissions looked cleaner out the tail pipe... "the solution to pollution is dilution.

Oh yeah. And don't forget the old Vapor Recovery Nozzle push, first in the nation. I worked at a gas station when they were implementing those POS's. The funny thing is that by law in CA all underground fuel storage tanks must be vented. So.... Vapors were "recovered" from the car's gas tank and pumped into the underground storage tank and you could watch the fumes venting from the vents as you pumped gas.

I believe his brother in law was also way up the food chain at OPW, the only company supplying those nozzles in CA for years. But I could be wrong. :)

typical crook politicians. Think it was the CA Air Resources Board that tried to ban the sale of dark colored cars last year or maybe a few years ago - the idea being that dark cars get hot faster and require the use of AC more often reducing mpg...

Oddly enough, Brown was the pro-gun candidate for governor. Meg Whitman was really trying to appeal to "liberal" voters during the last round of election, and in the process took a giant dump in the cheerios of the ranchers, farmers, businessmen, who normally would have supported her. For me personally, I did not vote for whitman because she was going to be nothing but more lies and a continuation of the failed policies Ah-nold brought in. Brown has largely reached the age where you don't care what anyone thinks, so lying is pointless. Frankly, that kind of brutal honesty should be seen more in politics.

The reason why republicans continue to fail in california is because they think it's a liberal state, so they must appeal to liberal voters. In reality it's a conservative state once you leave the cities and the republicans have done nothing but engage in republican voter suppression efforts since the mid 1990's. The problem is, that won't last, most of the productive classes are packing up their businesses, families, and leaving. I know, as that's exactly what I'm in the process of doing. At that point it's going to be nothing but movie stars smelling their own farts in clouds of righteous indignation surrounded by miles of barrio.

The reason why republicans continue to fail in california is because they think it's a liberal state, so they must appeal to liberal voters. In reality it's a conservative state once you leave the cities and the republicans have done nothing but engage in republican voter suppression efforts since the mid 1990's. The problem is, that won't last, most of the productive classes are packing up their businesses, families, and leaving. I know, as that's exactly what I'm in the process of doing. At that point it's going to be nothing but movie stars smelling their own farts in clouds of righteous indignation surrounded by miles of barrio.

applause.gif

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top