JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which Pistol For Pocket/Ankle Holster Carry??

• Springfield 911 .380

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sig Sauer P938 9mm

• Sig Sauer P290RS .380

• Total voters
Reactions
I am looking to get an ultra compact pistol to use for pocket or ankle holster carry. So far, I am considering the Springfield 911 chambered in .380, the Sig Sauer P938 chambered in 9mm, or the Sig Sauer P290RS chambered in .380.
I am hoping that someone on the forum owns or has fired these guns and can tell me what they did and didn't like about them.

My gardener would urge you to add the Ruger LCP 2 to your list of pocket carry. Gary raves about his pocket carry pistol because it weighs about 10 ounces unloaded, is rugged, reliable, and a great shooter. [Ruger] Ruger LCP II: The Best Pocket Pistol? - Pew Pew Tactical

My range buddy would be showing you his Sig P365 which is the latest, greatest 9mm, but will admit it is not a pocket gun.

My neighbor, a welder and avid shootist, who services most of the steel targets at the biggest outdoor range in our area, likes his North American Arms 22 Magnum. Even though he has several holsters, he mostly carries it in his back pocket without a holster - yikes!!! - but he is an avid supporter of the little thing and the new .22 magnum ammo offerings.

My two cents... Forget the ankle carry option. When the SHTF, you don't won't have time to be bending down to retrieve your firearm.

I personally won't carry anything smaller than a .380 for self defense - and many people agree with me. I have not handled the Ruger LCP - if it does not have good trigger feel, then it won't work for me. I really like the feel of the trigger on my Sig Sauer P320, my 1911 pistols, and my baby Desert Eagle 9mm (original IMI version). I have a Taurus 605 .357 snub nose revolver, but even it is a bit too big for pocket carry (plus, it is a little risky carrying a revolver in your pocket). I may check out the LCP this week, just to see how it feels.

My gun shop didn't have an LCP II in stock, so I couldn't handle it. I just found a couple of more to consider - an S&W M&P Bodyguard, and a Kahr P380. Anyone have experience with either of those??

I love my M&P as well great little shooter. I would suggest taking it to the range and dumping four or five boxes through it to get the grit to go away on the trigger but IMO that is almost every new gun.

I handled an M&P Bodyguard today - the trigger sucks. Out of all of them that I have handled, the Springfield 911 has the best trigger. The Sig Sauer P938 is good, and the Ruger LCP II is good. I think I may be getting the LCP II - I found one online and checked with my local gun shop to see if they can get it and what the cost would be.

I carry a Para Warthawg 9mm double stack, I know it's a bit large, but 13 rounds in a 1911 that matches my standard carry piece is sure comforting to have and not have to think about things! A glock 26/43 is also a nice fit and ether can double as a standard piece if needed! I don't know much about the pieces posted by the OP, so I have no advice to share! I hear good things about the SIG 938 ,but haevn't tried one!

Well, I changed my mind. I looked up the ballistics on a .380 and I am not impressed. So, I am going to lean towards a sub-compact in 9mm. Plus, 9mm ammunition is little less expensive than .380, and it saves me from having to purchase yet one more caliber.

You could go Old School, CZ 82! Ammo is pretty easy to come by, and if you can find the really good Italian ammo, that stuff is pretty hot, as in equel to 9 mm luger! Once I get better grips on mine, I'm planning to rotate it into my system!

The Walther PPS pistols are great shooters and easy to conceal.

I have a PPS40 and it's my go-to summertime EDC. I also just got an open top clip on DeSantis holster to make it easy to switch from strong hand to weak side while driving.

Check out the Ruger Security 9. It can be described as an inexpensive, hammer fired Glock 19. This gun can often be had for under $300.

I'm an S&W fan, so I'd be remiss if I didn't suggest the S&W M&P Shield 9c.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top