JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions have been disabled for this thread
Reactions
Hi group- This past thanksgiving weekend I broke my safety glasses at the outdoor range. Damn things slid out of my shirt pocket and landed smack on the cement face down. So the lens has a big crack right in the center. So I was considering getting something better like the Kore Essentials Recon glasses since I am already a big kore fan. I use there gun belts and they are really awesome qualiuty you cant do any better for my money. There glasses say they're ballistic fragment & ansi rated for shooting. coulda used these last weekend. Anyone here had any experience with these or any other shooting glasses they could recommend? Thanks in advance.

1. Disabled
I believe that the SSP eyewear exceeds ANSI standards. I have their $60 bifocal set and I really like them.

Check out Decot-Hywd Sport Glasses Inc,800-528-1901,thye are in a small house on the west side of north 36 st ,in Phoenix,they have been there since the 1950's.

They are well known in the shooting sports industry,many of our shooter use them,me too.The computer will put in your prescription and do a custom color match,if you so desire?They are nice folks to deal with also.I believe they sell world wide.

hy

I have an old set of Wiley X's that lasted 3 years at the mine.
They were not cheap when I got them. They had a foam insert that sealed the glasses to my face. Which I disposed of immediately. The curved lenses were a bit to get used to in the beginning. They were progressive lenses with variable tinting for daylight work. They still sit on the dash of my truck and I wear them occasionally now. After breaking a set I found that Chum's has glasses straps that work well. Even FR which was a consideration for me when I wore them in the mine. ( fire retardant)The orginal chums can be a pain in the bubblegum to put over the frames but they hold and once around your neck they are not going anywhere.

I'm a YUGE WileyX guy my self, partly because that's what the Air Force issued me, and partially because I like them better then the others and they were NOT Okley's when that's what every cool guy Operator was wearin! :cool:
I still have the pair I was wearing when I got all busted up, not a scratch on them!

Probably not smart but I typically don't wear eyes unless I'm doing my yearly quals for my job because that's the rules at an indoor range. So I bought some yellow tinted ones. When I go shoot any other time it's my spot in a remote location nobody else goes to.

I had a prescription pair made that I used in Machining class in college in the middle 1980s. I do not remember of what material the lenses were made. Probably some sort of high-impact glass. I doubt I had them made in Lexan or some sort of poly-carbonate. Would be too easy to scratch in an environment with steel chips a'flyin' all around...

Status
Reactions have been disabled for this thread

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Prescott Valley, AZ
Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top