JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like Rippley is having trouble with that evil 'ol gun!
Did you know they took real firearms and put them into a custom chassis made and designed by the producers and were firing blanks throughout the entire movie? The flame throwers were real as well. And the part where Ripley burns all the eggs next to the queen were plastic and they had to evacuate the set due to plastic smoke inhalation? I'm a bit of a super fan of the entire aliens saga. I own every movie on the subject. And read all the books.

So the alien goes out the hatch in the first movie. The body explodes in the 0 psi atmosphere. From where does the alien come for the second movie? I'm as clueless about Star Wars, too, but we're not discussing that franchise...

It's a parasite. They hope around ship to ship and even have a home planet. The one you see blow up is gone. But they are like cockroaches. When you see one there are 100 more. In the second the queen gets sucked out in a similar fashion. But they are also like bees. When a queen is killed or non existent one will turn into a queen. The 3rd movie one is killed in molten lead and blows up when they pour water on it. The 4th there is like 5 of them. It's a never ending cycle. The producer says it's the perfect organism lol

070521516.jpg

Gonna get a black eye shooting like that.
No; those ten-meter (maybe 25-meter?) target rifles are .22LR machines. I'll guess they start at around $10,000. The sights have to be many hundreds of dollars. They shoot target ammo of the highest of quality; I have no estimate as to what the stuff would cost. Then there's how many rounds are fired in practice. Can't forget the expenses of travel to the matches. No question it's an expensive pursuit...

ISSF - International Shooting Sport Federation - issf-sports.org

50 meters at a target of around six inches in diameter. Time limits, too, to get the requisite number of shots fired. This level of shooting is no country for old men...

Last Edited:
10,000 dollar 22. I probably couldn't shoot like that. But if I was going to spend 10k on anything it would be spend on a full auto m10 or 11 with a suppressor. That anchutz wouldn't even be on my list of stuff to buy.

10,000 dollar 22. I probably couldn't shoot like that. But if I was going to spend 10k on anything it would be spend on a full auto m10 or 11 with a suppressor. That anchutz wouldn't even be on my list of stuff to buy.

YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY digressing from the point. You made a statement which was ill conceived. Now youre side stepping the issue by demeaning her equipment? Doesn't wash!

But if I was going to spend 10k on anything it would be spent on a full-auto m10 or 11 with a suppressor.
Good choice. The MAC, I have been told, is a $5,000 gun today and will still be so in ten years. Sounds like a good reason to buy one. I'm partial to the .45ACP M10 with suppressor.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top