JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Getting ready to load ammo for my first 6mm BRA I have 105 hybrids. Varget. N-140.
Question is: start off with varget or the 140 ? I know there may be better options. This is what i have to work with. Thanks !

Update: N-140 /105 hybrids test. Pretty pleased. 2820 or 2900 look nice. Now to stretch them out. Formed brass. Lapua.

1678350344440.jpg

If you're using a conventional powder dispenser, I'd use whatever powder is finer.
Why is that? Let me guess: To reduce the interstitial volume? I like a powder that does a good job of filling the case such that we don't have the powder shifting forward or laying flat, and thus have the primer flash not shooting deeply into the powder column.

It meters better.
I think I understand your point. I'll have to assume you do not trickle your charges up to the desired mass as I do. I charge every round to about 0.2 grains short, then carefully trickle to the desired final weight. I do this even with .223Rem ammo-- a cartridge that most usually sees a high number of rounds fired during a trip to the desert. I can understand why some reloaders of 9mm and .45ACP ammo wouldn't trickle their loads upwardly towards the desired charge weight. Would take a long time to do that for a round that may be fired several hundred times in one afternoon.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top