JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

For German weekly magazine "Stern" ("Star", 600.000 print copies weekly, 60 million monthly users online) I am working on a story about guns.

I never fired a gun in my life. Now I want to learn how to do it, understand the fascination, get the idea. Hands on.

I will be in the US from the 15th of January on (Los Angeles and Las Vegas). I would really like to meet a gun enthusiast who can take me shooting, safely, of course. The bigger, the better. And who maybe is happy to discuss gun laws, politics etc.
I´ll bring a photographer for strong visual material as well.

Any help from your side is highly appreciated. I am looking forward to getting in touch.

Best regards,
Friedemann Karig
[email protected]

how long do you intend on spending gathering information to give you an accurate depiction of the shooting experience?

there have people on this forum who've probably been shooting for 60 years or so! And they have many experiences, probably positive and negative!

Are you intending to try and capture their life experience in whatever limited time you intend to devote to "understand the fascination" and "get the idea"?

I´ll try to spend as much time as possible on that. But of course, an article, may it be very well researched, can only be a snapshot of any matter. Which makes the right kind of experience even more important.

He didn't say he was writing a life story .
How long are you going to be in las vegas ?
I would be more than happy to take you shooting (I'm going anyway) if it can give people that don't know about guns and shooting a more positive outlook on guns in general , and maybe take some of the evil aspect away from it

I sent in a reply to an editorial in the Oregonian. It was edited beyond recognition, then given an out of context title to alter my intention and sour the taste.
I understand space is limited with editing usually necessary.
I did not find their editing honorable.
If accuracy were actually important, you would be asked to approve before printing.

I sent in a reply to an editorial in the Oregonian. It was edited beyond recognition, then given an out of context title to alter my intention and sour the taste.
I understand space is limited with editing usually necessary.
I did not find their editing honorable.
If accuracy were actually important, you would be asked to approve before printing.
I've seen the same kind of thing on other forums. The story comes out jaded and with a specific point of view that changes the article that they say was supposed to be written.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top