JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am retrofitting a two-barrel Holley 2300 to my single-barrel Ford 300 I-6 engine. I need to hang a bottle to supply gas to it while I run it in to get some adjustments made. The tank may have as much as five gallons of ancient gas in it (from Fall 2015), so I am reluctant to try to burn something that old. I'm looking for advice on what kind of gasoline-resistant gasket material I can use to seal the bottom of an empty polyethylene salsa bottle. I'll drill a hole in the bottom of the bottle, put a hose barb through it, cinch it down from the inside with some sort of brass fitting, hang the bottle up to provide a gravity-feed and get the thing started after over four years on the sidelines. I don't think blue Fel-Pro paper is going to do it. I'm thinking some kind of nylon or plastic of some sort. Any Ideas?

I found something from McMaster-Carr: A Viton fluoroelastomer washer. Resistant to gasoline, oil and a bunch of other organic solvents. Expensive, though: About $9.00 for a pack of 10 in 3/8" ID. I need one. Maybe I can get one at AutoZone or O'Reilly's...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top