JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On Thursday, Gabby Giffords and Mark Kelly announced their newest spinoff, Arizona Coalition for Common Sense, which will be in place to push more gun control on Arizonans.

The Arizona Coalition for Common Sense follows the Veterans Coalition for Common Sense, the latter of which is currently fighting for a gun ban for military veterans.

Giffords and Kelly's main gun control group, Americans for Responsible Solutions (ARS), is currently fighting against national reciprocity for law-abiding citizens and is also fighting against deregulation of firearm suppressors for law-abiding citizens. As part of their fight against suppressors, ARS suggests the devices do not reduce noise enough to protect hearing while simultaneously suggesting suppressors reduce noise so much that "active shooters" can use them to avoid police detection.

Gabby Giffords, Mark Kelly Target Arizona with New Gun Control Group

Ironically, the USS Gabby Gifford is equipped with both large and small firearms, as well as "cannon".

Sorry, not germane to the discussion, but as a sailor, I'm still in denial that we actually have an SS Gabby G.

"ARS suggests the devices do not reduce noise enough to protect hearing while simultaneously suggesting suppressors reduce noise so much that "active shooters" can use them to avoid police detection."

Only an idiot could get their head around this. I have looked into suppressors for a while now and have not got one because what I have read they do not reduce the sound level enough. I am not looking for "movie type silencer" but it would be nice to shoot sans ear plugs. None of the equipment I have looked at does the job to where my money would grace their hands.

What happened to Gifford's is tragic. If Loughner would have used a pickup truck he would have done a better job. Does not have the cool factor that a pistol has. The best news was he really did not know how to use his chosen weapon very well. Gifford,s husband went out to a gun store here in Tucson after the event and bought a AR style weapon to show how easy it was. News media reported it and then it died because of the almost breaking the law issue
Gabby Giffords' Husband Mark Kelly Buys AR-15

Lucky for Arizona - there are lots of normal people living here. These activists would make Arizona much better if they concentrated on removing the criminal elements of our society, and stopped trying to remove the Constitutional Rights of hard working tax paying non-felon citizens.

By and large most Arizonans know she's out of it, and was before the murder attempt. She and her hubby are both hypocritical liars and I and most Arizonans have no use for either of them.

Missing her salary isn't helping, although she probably getting most of salary in benefits. I don't know what I'd be like if I got a bullet in the brain and had to endure what she has. I don't know what Kelly's game is, but his buying an AR was a freaking joke: I don't fault her, but he's a troll!

I knew a guy that took a glancing small caliber bullet off the skull. Ruined him mentally for a long time. He was one of the guys I would turn to about weird electrical problems. Afterwards, he could do simple tasks, run conduit, pull wire and be safe doing it. The complex parts he was not even interested. I always admired his boss for keeping him on doing the simpler jobs. Sure made it easier for the family.

Kelly et all is a passing fancy here in Arizona. At least I believe that they will get no traction. As for other parts of the US I am not so sure. Even my family in Texas has reservations about carrying a gun everywhere I go. Last time there I opened the fanny pack to get some money out and my cousin asked me what that was for? I said just in case. Gabby is a powerful symbol of what not to do.

Firearms is a hot button topic. Going to piss some one off no matter where you stand. Could the system in place be better, sure. Not by my hand, cause I aint smart enough. My skin crawls every time folks mention the merging of data bases for fire arm control. I am going to quote an old friend, the ex president of a motor cycle club in Phoenix. "Gun control is how many times you can hit the target before it touches the ground."

there is a real STUPID dipstick on this thread and should S>T>F>U>.its ok for them to document them selfs buying and shooting guns then tell americans there not smart enough to own or use them.is so hypocritical its STUPID like all democrats that live in so az.mark kelly loves to prade his little token around tramping all over my constitutional rights.he can go pack sand and live on the moon america would be a better place.

Gabby Giffords and her husband are hypocrites. Gabby may be lacking in her faculties since her attack, and thus unable to make rational decisions, but her lowlife husband has gone full out to deny everyone else the right to defend themselves against the very thing that happened to his wife.
Giffords' gun photo causes a stir

Blabby Gabby and the Space Man are nothing more then trolls funded by a New York Billionaire to take advantage of her situation and press the Billionaire's agenda! Where Ibhave issues is the Space man swore an oath as a Naval Aviator, same oath many of us swore, and yet he is doing every thing to bring dishonor to him self, the Navy, and the U.S. through his actions. He is a traitor plain and simple, he has sold out to special interests and in so doing has become a disgrace to all service men and women! At worse, flavour unbecoming an officer of the United States Navy, and NASA as an astronaut! Shame on them both for using what happens to Gabby as a launch pad for a anti constitutionl play! At least we see these two for what they really are, so we know what they are trying to do!

Don't think that he's a hypocrite, he might even be consistent. He was a Navy officer that nobody remembers, don't know anything about him until after his wife was shot. Then he became active in the anti gun movement. Even went so far as to stage a purchase in a local gun shop showing how easy it was to buy an AR. Don't know why he picked on a rifle, she was shot with a Glock 19 w/33 round mag by a malcontent who was know to many people as a potential troublemaker, but nobody did anything about it.

Don't know if she's a hypocrite. She was obviously pro gun prior to her being shot. Since then I would suggest that she's not competent enough to have a license. I'm sure her husbum has far too much influence on her, and is taking every advantage to take advantage of her condition to progress his own feelings of inadequacy.

He's a worm, not sure enough about her mental abilities to call her a hypocrite.

Don't think that he's a hypocrite, he might even be consistent. He was a Navy officer that nobody remembers, don't know anything about him until after his wife was shot. Then he became active in the anti gun movement. Even went so far as to stage a purchase in a local gun shop showing how easy it was to buy an AR. Don't know why he picked on a rifle, she was shot with a Glock 19 w/33 round mag by a malcontent who was know to many people as a potential troublemaker, but nobody did anything about it.

Don't know if she's a hypocrite. She was obviously pro gun prior to her being shot. Since then I would suggest that she's not competent enough to have a license. I'm sure her husbum has far too much influence on her, and is taking every advantage to take advantage of her condition to progress his own feelings of inadequacy.

He's a worm, not sure enough about her mental abilities to call her a hypocrite.

You never heard a word from Kelly or Gabby about gun control prior to her attack. From all accounts I heard, she was pro-gun prior to the attack, and there are several photos of her with guns in the public sphere. There is even one that is reportedly AFTER her attack, linked below.
Gabby Giffords pictured firing a gun for the first time since Tucson shooting | Daily Mail Online

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top