JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm rather new to upgrading an AR - 15 so please bear with my question. I have a DPMS Oracle AR-15 that I was told I should Up-Grade my bolt carrier group because the standard factory BCG fails quickly. I'm looking at a Palmetto State Armory Full Auto Bolt Carrier Group because I'm also considering a Binary Trigger which requires the Full Auto BCG. Even if I don't add the Binary Trigger, What is the Advantage of a Full Auto BCG vs Standard BCG?

Personally, I would not purchase anything from PSA. B King's Firearms has quality USA made bolt carrier groups, and you will be supporting a veteran owned company. There are other manufacturers that are better choices than PSA, too.

12 Best AR-15 Bolt Carrier Groups (BCG) [Hands-On] - Pew Pew Tactical (They mention a PSA BCG, but you will see that it is just very low priced - I would not run it in my rifles).

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/a...-full-auto-semi-auto-only-ar-15-bolt-carrier/

Here are some of the BCGs that I have used:

Odin Works 6.5 Grendel Type II Bolt Carrier Group - Nitride ACC-6.5-BCG (This one was for my 6.5 Grendel rifle, so not what you would choose for a 5.56 - but they do make BCGs for other calibers.)

The difference between the two is that the full-auto carrier has a longer "cut" at the rear. The longer cut is there to trip the auto-sear. People use the full-auto carrier because it is a little bit heavier, which reduces "bolt bounce" in a carbine. M-16 carrier at top; AR-15 carrier at bottom. Per using a binary trigger in an AR-type rifle with either a full-auto or a semi-auto carrier, I don't know obama from shoe polish. Never tried it...

M-16 bolt carrier.JPG AR-15 bolt carrier.JPG

Last Edited:
Thanks for your response....Bob

The difference between the two is that the full-auto carrier has a longer "cut" at the rear. The longer cut is there to trip the auto-sear. People use the full-auto carrier because it is a little bit heavier, which reduces "bolt bounce" in a carbine. M-16 carrier at top; AR-15 carrier at bottom. Per using a binary trigger in an AR-type rifle with either a full-auto or a semi-auto carrier, I don't know obama from shoe polish. Never tried it...

View attachment 7890 View attachment 7891

I have had several PSA rifles with no issues whatsoever, but I am not an AR15 guru, just got into them 3 years ago. I am also not an "operator", just having fun.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top