JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What have you folks came up with for a front rifle rest? Looking for ideas using some wood.

I usually use a bipod but to have an option would be nice. Don't really want a full rest, just something for the forearm.

Post your pictures and ideas please.

TIA.

Do you have any examples? I've used sandbags, rolled up blankets, even my range bag before, but I've not seen anything made of wood.

Forgot I had this pic!

IMG_0435 (1).JPG

Yes, I remember that picture. That's close to my idea, something simple. I have access to a thick rubber I could use for the top. I would add a handle for carry.

I have plenty of shooting bags.

B73CC7AB-ED22-4084-BF02-74AA2685706E.jpeg

Wow, that looks a lot better than stacking a few of those bags on top of each other.
Yup, but I would go 2/6 on sides and 3/4 plywood on top plus thick rubber pad on top of plywood. Slap a carry handle and be done.

The rubber pad is 3/4 thick as seen in picture. Gun is for sale also.

Last Edited:
Let's change the subject.

What would you buy in a manufactured front rifle rest? They vary from high to low. Basically well made to cheap. Down the road purchase, can't find them used.

I like the Sinclair line. Pricey and heavy. $325-$399. 17 pounds.
Second choice is the Protektor. Aluminum, $195-$295. 7 pounds.

Would you get one with windage adjustments?

Any other choices?

TIA

Let's change the subject.

What would you buy in a manufactured front rifle rest? They vary from high to low. Basically well made to cheap. Down the road purchase, can't find them used.

I like the Sinclair line. Pricey and heavy. $325-$399. 17 pounds.
Second choice is the Protektor. Aluminum, $195-$295. 7 pounds.

Would you get one with windage adjustments?

Any other choices?

TIA
You might be better served to start a new topic/new thread. Just a thought.

I tossed up my sweatshirt at the range for a guy who needed a rest so we could boresight his AR-15. He kept looking at me like I was crazy for stripping it off really quick to help him.

He did not know how we are on these forums. We help one another out.

old shirt, double stitched and full of rice works good too. You can even use an old wool sock and use something like leggings as the inner liner to help hold the rice in. All sorts of things you can use if you are creative enough.

I like this one because of weight. (7 pounds) They make a model with wind adjustments. On the fence because I can make adjustments with the scope and they are a $100 more. Seems high to me.

9CC51FE0-4B9E-4CD1-9D92-075FC458B32A.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top