Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Front rifle rest.

Reactions
What have you folks came up with for a front rifle rest? Looking for ideas using some wood.

I usually use a bipod but to have an option would be nice. Don’t really want a full rest, just something for the forearm.

Post your pictures and ideas please.

TIA.

Joe Link

Reactions
Do you have any examples? I’ve used sandbags, rolled up blankets, even my range bag before, but I’ve not seen anything made of wood.

11Charlie

Reactions
I can take a picture this tomorrow at the range. We built some out of 2x4's abd 2x6's and then put small sand bags on the top. They actually work really well.

OP
runeight
Reactions
Let’s change the subject.

What would you buy in a manufactured front rifle rest? They vary from high to low. Basically well made to cheap. Down the road purchase, can’t find them used.

I like the Sinclair line. Pricey and heavy. $325-$399. 17 pounds.
Second choice is the Protektor. Aluminum, $195-$295. 7 pounds.

Would you get one with windage adjustments?

Any other choices?

TIA

DB is Here

Reactions
Let’s change the subject.

What would you buy in a manufactured front rifle rest? They vary from high to low. Basically well made to cheap. Down the road purchase, can’t find them used.

I like the Sinclair line. Pricey and heavy. $325-$399. 17 pounds.
Second choice is the Protektor. Aluminum, $195-$295. 7 pounds.

Would you get one with windage adjustments?

Any other choices?

TIA
You might be better served to start a new topic/new thread. Just a thought.

Dyjital

Reactions
I tossed up my sweatshirt at the range for a guy who needed a rest so we could boresight his AR-15. He kept looking at me like I was crazy for stripping it off really quick to help him.

He did not know how we are on these forums. We help one another out.

old shirt, double stitched and full of rice works good too. You can even use an old wool sock and use something like leggings as the inner liner to help hold the rice in. All sorts of things you can use if you are creative enough.

OP
runeight
Reactions
I like this one because of weight. (7 pounds) They make a model with wind adjustments. On the fence because I can make adjustments with the scope and they are a $100 more. Seems high to me.

9CC51FE0-4B9E-4CD1-9D92-075FC458B32A.jpeg

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    2.00 star(s)
    I've purchased a total of 6 or 7 firearms from Murphy's, I think. In general, it's a normal gun shop. Some folks are nice, some ignore you, some...
    • mikemenzie
  • Arizona Firearms - Tempe
    5.00 star(s)
    I went there today to pick up a firearm and had a very good experience. I will shop there again.
    • MadDuner
    5.00 star(s)
    Every time I go in there I leave with what I needed and without feeling like my wallet was raped.
    • Mrjenkins
    5.00 star(s)
    Anyone in Phoenix area should check out Arizona Firearms on University and Priest. They have a big selection of firearms and have great prices.
    • JonathanB
  • Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    When I go in I usually will watch and listen to employees before I choose which one to talk to. The good employees are great to talk with. The...
    • Gunsandgars