JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi Everyone,

I am going to Colorado for spring break and wanted to know more about the laws. I am flying in with Southwest Air. I read everything online that I could find. Basically I am flying from Arizona to Colorado then back after 4 days. We will be staying at a hotel in Longmont. From what I understand is you have to have a CCW license to carry concealed. It looks like there's a bill to be able to carry concealed without one soon. As far as the plane goes it looks like I have to put my firearms in a lockable, hardcase. I was also reading about magazine capacity but I need to go over it again. If anyone has any references that I can read too that would be great.

As far as the plane goes it looks like I have to put my firearms in a lockable, hardcase.

I don't know about the specific laws, but I can say this is usually what the airlines require. If they're like Alaska they'll have you take it over to TSA after they're done checking it out.

Colorado doesn't recogise any other CCP but their own, so your only option is open carry, and while it's normal and some what expected, don't count on passing through with out issue! Best bet is is to find out the specifics of the areas your going to be travellig. I live just outside Devide and the closest town is Woodland Park, next is Colorado Springs, open carry is acceptable in those areas, but not all cities see it the same, just a heads up!

gentle greetings...
handgunlaw.us has decent information on Colorado's carry...http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/colorado.pdf

since you do not have any type of conceal permit/license and you feel you will need to carry, open is acceptable EXCEPT IN DENVER COUNTY.

SW is quite easy to travel with firearms...do not use TSA locks, assure your locked hard sided case is packed inside another suitcase; assure your hard sided case have side lock spots instead of just one in the 'center'; assure your handgun and mag is unloaded and assure your ammo is packaged in separate cartridge box.
Transporting Firearms and Ammunition

hollar if you need other info...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top