JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went out scouting for a new shooting place last weekend and picked up some brass while I was looking. My last shooting site was closed because the land was given to the local Indian tribe. Here are some pictures of what I picked up over the weekend. There were about 50 round of 45 but I gave them to a friend at work. Mostly 223 and 9MM along with a few 380. brass_2.JPG brass_1.JPG

You struct gold. i can say 100% of the time all I find is steel and it's always rusted.
I pick up my brass AND steel.
I throw the steel away, but my Harbor Freight magnet makes picking it all up a breeze.
Now if I could just find a "brass magnet" that would work just like that I'd be all set!

I loaded 400 rounds tonight so I can go play tomorrow! LOL

I went out scouting for a new shooting place last weekend and picked up some brass while I was looking. My last shooting site was closed because the land was given to the local Indian tribe. Here are some pictures of what I picked up over the weekend. There were about 50 round of 45 but I gave them to a friend at work. Mostly 223 and 9MM along with a few 380. View attachment 703 View attachment 704

Golly Gee Whiz.
If you need another "Buddy" to give brass to, gimme a holler. ;-)
Actually, I, too, pick up discarded brass and steel cases (using one of the Harbor Freight rolling magnets is easy-cheesy) but on my save FACTORY cases for my personal use while the balance is given to shooting Buds who want it.
Why I don't keep other than factoryis simple, really. You see, some guys reload their brass only so many times and either discard it thinking it is in the precipice of separations while some shooters are both too lazy to shag for their brass and don't reload and leave it lay.
If I don't know you and your loads I won't keep your brass (assuming you offer it up) because of reasons above (end of life? Unknown load and potential incipient case/head separation? Etc.) and I won't trust my safety or weapon to unknown brass.
As for the steel casings I pick up, I just keep them until I make a dump run or somebody wants them to reload (some folks DO reload steel cases but they are too much trouble for me) in which case I give them over.
Anyway, good for you in making an effort to clean up at least one area where you shoot. If everyone would pick up a little more than what they came with we'd all be better for it while griping about the JackWagon's who pollute and trash otherwise good plinking areas.
Take care and keep up the good work.

Last Edited:
This is some .223 / 5.56 MM range pickup brass I got from my club range. It's open on the weekend to the public. I like to go first thing Monday morning because this stuff is laying everywhere. The top photo shows it drying outside after a wash and rinse to get the dust and dirt off. The bottom photo shows it ready to be run through the Dillon, after full length resizing, trimming in my Giraud Powered Case Trimmer, then primer pocket swaging in the Dillon Super Swage 600. And after receiving a final polish in ground corn cob, with some Dillon Rapid Polish, and a little Flitz Metal Polish thrown in for good measure.

gpmL757.jpg

fsunfGy.jpg

Beautiful work there! I don't reload but maybe I'll take up finding and polishing brass. I love making old stuff look new again!

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top