JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For Memorial Day I plan to drive to Walmart and buy a poppy from one of the VFW members who will be selling them on Saturday so I can wear it for the weekend and on Memorial Day, Monday, May 25th, to commemorate the men and women who died while in the military service of our country, those folks who made the ultimate sacrifice. I will be thinking about the freedom I enjoy today as I reflect on their service to this nation. Also, I will be sure to fly my flag with honor and respect this weekend and on Memorial Day.

I will remember my Uncle Frank, whom died May 22, 2017 as a result of the psychological injuries he suffered in World War II. He killed many a young German boy and he was forever after those years consumed with regret and guilt for what he'd done. My dad told me Uncle Frank could see the faces of those young men and hear their agonized screams as they lay wounded on the battlefield, waiting for death to claim them. Imagine carrying that around in your mind for 72 years.

Uncle Frank believed he took the futures of the German soldiers from them while he was able to build a life and a future after the war. It was that belief that so injured the man inside him. It was that belief that finally killed him. Uncle Frank took his own life. He himself was the last man he killed in World War II.

I will be remembering the many who gave it all for our freedoms, Among them will be my Grand father who served in the 3rd army armored just after the Normandy invasion, and he took his tank and crew all the way deep into Germany and was on the autobahn toward Austria when the war ended, he passed June 18th 2009! My Uncle John served as chief water tender ( Ship Board Fire Fighting) aboard the Battleship U.S.S. New Mexico BB-40 the entire span of WW-II ( July 14th 1940 to August 6th 1946) and died in Virginia in hospice in 1947 of massive lung failure, likely Meso from working aboard a ship highly insulated with asbestos! My Other Uncle Brian who was a Marine in the Pacific doing the islands campaigns, died 1967 of cancer and horrendous PTSD only it wasn't called that then, they called it shell shock, but every one knows the truth! Lastly, my Uncle Alfred who was a radar operator/scout with the army during the European adventures ashore, he rode a scout car with the armored divisions and would call and direct air strikes on targets. Passed Sept 13th 2011 of old age and suffered PTSD and had lots of night terrors all the years I knew him! R.I.P. one and all, NEVER FORGET!

I will never forget the summer of 1973, an official Navy car arriving at our next door neighbors house, and two smartly dressed officers and a Chaplin getting out and walking to the front porch! I will never forget the woeful screams from that neighbor, and I will never forget the whole neighborhood gathering around to offer prayers and any help we could! That day still haunts me, I knew even as a young child what that Navy car meant! There have been many other official Cars, and screaming women in my life, and my own mother cried her eyes out when I enlisted, as she did with both my brothers, and my own two sons! She made us each promise to come home to her, nothing else, COME HOME! My Grand Mother had her Wall of Solders, my Mom took over and added to it, and now I have it, there are 34 Pictures and counting, dating back to the 1800's, and there are many folded flags to go along with them! Freedom isn't free, NEVER FORGET!

The images added to the video really bring it home that most who take that flight were young men who had their entire lives ahead of them. The world is an evil place, and there are many villains in positions of power. These need to be vanquished if our Liberty is to endure. Freedom is but one generation away from extinction. It must be forever defended, else it will perish from the face of our nation.

I will remember my Uncle Frank, whom died May 22, 2017 as a result of the psychological injuries he suffered in World War II. He killed many a young German boy and he was forever after those years consumed with regret and guilt for what he'd done. My dad told me Uncle Frank could see the faces of those young men and hear their agonized screams as they lay wounded on the battlefield, waiting for death to claim them. Imagine carrying that around in your mind for 72 years.

Uncle Frank believed he took the futures of the German soldiers from them while he was able to build a life and a future after the war. It was that belief that so injured the man inside him. It was that belief that finally killed him. Uncle Frank took his own life. He himself was the last man he killed in World War II.

That's a cryin' shame. I look back and don't regret having done what needed doing, but I regret having HAD to do them.... decades later, things are still the same (if not worse) in that area of the world, and the waste of it all makes me angry.

I look back and don't regret having done what needed doing, but I regret having HAD to do them....
A genuine soldier, one whom brings peace to a nation, does exactly what you wrote. He abhors killing, but knows it has to be done for those who cannot defend themselves against the rapacious and the evil. If it was at all possible, the professional soldier would rather stay at home and defend his homeland. But American soldiers go to the fight, rather than allow it come here. May God bless them all. It is their willingness to do what so many won't that allows me to sleep safely at night in the greatest nation God ever put on the face of the Earth...

A genuine soldier, one whom brings peace to a nation, does exactly what you wrote. He abhors killing, but knows it has to be done for those who cannot defend themselves against the rapacious and the evil. If it was at all possible, the professional soldier would rather stay at home and defend his homeland. But American soldiers go to the fight, rather than allow it come here. May God bless them all. It is their willingness to do what so many won't that allows me to sleep safely at night in the greatest nation God ever put on the face of the Earth...

If you have a microphone in your house... I want you to pick it up, drop it, and walk off the stage!

:s0151:

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top