JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
member of a couple forums back home, love the interaction and camaraderie of like minded (or close) folks. first time being in this part of the country, looking to do some hunting and fishing, definitely isn't the southeast, but that's what makes it an adventure!! Look forward to meeting y'all.

If your in ABQ land you need to take a drive one weekend.
Head north on the freeway to Bernalillo and Route 550.
Head northish to San Ysidro and turn off on route 4
Head north to final destination of Los Alamos.
You will be heading into some of the most beautiful country we have. Jemez Pueblo is the closest thing to Mayberry I have ever found. These roads especially in the winter time are not made for high speed traveling. Lots of twists and turns and something you have never seen before right around the corner or down the 2 lane blacktop.
I used to work in Los Alamos for the lab doing electrical work. These directions will take you about 40 minutes longer than the freeway. Well worth the time, bring your camera as you will be seeing a unique part of our great country.
Be very observant when you come into the signage that says Tech Area XX (xx is a number). Those are the lab areas.
I used to drive by one that said Deadly Force Authorized.
There was no guard, no camera just a 2 lane black top road going back into the countryside.
In LA there is a museum that has full scale replicas of "Fat Man and Little Boy" Yep this is the place they were made.

The China Palace in the mall has the best Orange Chicken in the country. Even better than San Fransisco.
Covid had probably reduced the businesses open to the public.

Have a great trip and welcome

Welcome, as Belevolk said Los Alamos is worth the trip. Spent a week there on a project then went East through the Caldara to Farmington. GREAT Elk herd, ruins, and fishing.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top