JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys this is my first time posting, first time dealing with any FFL transfers and my first time actually BUYING a handgun.
I recently bought a SIG p229 Legion RX from a gun store in TX.
I had it shipped to a local Gun store in Las Vegas, NV.
They recieved it 2 days ago and I lost my ID 4 days ago.
(Perfect timing).
The FFL emailed me and I let them know the issue I have and asked them If they can hold it.
I told them I only had an expired ID and a picture of the ID that I just lost to see if there was something else i can do instead of waiting 7-14 days for a new ID.
They emailed me back saying i needed a valid ID.l

Understandable, I'll just wait to get a new ID, then I'll go do the background check and pick up my firearm.

The FFL is asking me to provide a reciept for proof of purchase, and he asked me why would I buy a firearm online? (Brand new in the box, for $700 cheaper than his store is selling it for ($2100))
I told him I bought it because in my opinion it's one that is reliable, quality craftsmanship and it's the gun I wanted go buy?
I was kind of offended by that question.
Would you be offended?
Also is it mandatory for FFLs to ask for reciept?
Just curious.
Thanks! Any advice is appreciated.

Zappar-Snapshot-130719-043531-501.jpg

The local firearms retailer, in my considered opinion, has no liberty to return your firearm to where it was bought. It was sent to your local establishment because you'd already paid for it, I assume, by credit card. You may be able to print that specific page of your credit card statement and use that as your proof for purchasing the firearm. There should be a phone number on the line for the charge, as well as the name of the selling business. The price you paid will also be shown.

Sounds to me like your local place is trying to get you to change your mind and buy the same item from them. If y'ask me, the $700 you saved versus his $2100 price is reason enough to buy over the internet. I buy just about every gun I do buy over the internet. They are sent to the pawn shop just up the street, he calls me, I go there and affect the transfer. He never gives me any grief for buying over the web; he gets his $40 transfer fee and he's a happy camper.

That image you included consumes a huge amount of bandwidth. This site is free to the users, but someone has to pay for its place on the web. May I suggest that you post-up smaller images in order to conserve valuable bandwidth? I was once a member of a site that eventually restricted images to 480 pixels wide-- and that site was a paid membership site.

Yeah man. That's how I would expect them to be! I'm second guessing using them as my FFL.
The only reason I did Is because they had a good rating.
One more question

Is it mandatory they ask for a reciept if it's in my name?

Shortly after moving back to the US after living in Costa Rica for ten years, I used my US passport and two local utility bills to establish my identification and residency to an FFL in AZ. Like you, my newly acquired AZ DL hadn't arrived in the mail and this accommodation was worked out to his satisfaction and ATF.

I've bought plenty of handguns online and had them shipped to my FFL without ever being asked to produce a sale receipt when I went to pick it up. Now, that may be different in Nevada so check with another local FFL and find out if the guy is jerking you or if this is SOP. Next, talk with the local ATF and ask them how you can expedite your transfer considering your circumstances. Armed with all the info you've collected return to the FFL and get the transfer completed.

Thank you.
I think they are just trying to jerk me around.
How long are they able to hold a firearm for somebody if it's already paid for?
I'll get all the info ETC and get the transfer done.
Thank you for all the answers.
I'll post pictures when I get everything sorted out!
What FFL did you send it to? I have never had the one I use ask for the receipt. The ID is required though.

What FFL did you send it to? I have never had the one I use ask for the receipt. The ID is required though.
Yeah that is obvious for good reasoning. You know?
I completely understand the documentation part.
Just like if I were to sell a firearm to any one I would need them to prove who they are.
I just felt as if they were treating me differently than everyone else.
If they treat everyone with the same respect and ask everyone else to provide a reciept I would respect the way they do business with their customers,
But since EVERYTHING IS NEW to me and this is the first FFL or gun shop I've dealt with Specifically regarding FIREARMS/FIREARMS TRANSFERS I didnt like their Demeanor Through their Emails and I felt they could have re worded the Email a little differently.
I told them it was my first time dealing with this and after I told them that it seems like they started looking down on me in a way.
But the world doesn't revolve around me,
I just wanted to get some input and make sure my item would be taken care of and they weren't trying to jerk me around.
Also, I had issues with the first vendor I tried to purchase it from and it ended up being cancelled due to something that I had no control over.
After that I ended up finding High caliber gun range in in Texas (which I would recomend) Robin handled the situation very well, provided Pictures when I asked, provided a tracking number and gave me updates throughout.
So right off the bat I have been dealing with this whole purchase since 06/25.
So that makes it kind of unpleasant.
I'm exited about recieving The handgun but I am overwhelmed about the whole situation/training/paperwork ETC.
But anyone who is or has owned a firearm, has to or will have to go through the same exact thing.
That's how it should be, and it shouldn't be taken lightly.
The FFL I used was Pricision Armory in Las Vegas, NV.

If you are communicating with Precision Armory via emails without going there in person, then that may be an additional problem. These guys are used to face to face transactions and most hate emails or phone calls. Get your necessary documents together and go down to the shop.

You have to recognize the fact that the FFL guys have to deal with all kinds of people....and that a percentage of those people will be less than truthful. They are simply trying to make sure that everything is on the up and up, and like SPIN said - not conversing with them face to face will throw up red flags to them. Again, you know somewhere, sometime, somebody has tried to pull a fast one on them, and they aren't going to do anything but make sure you are legit.

Most definitely.
I talked with them.
Definitely feel better about the whole deal.
Sucks I lost my friggin DL!
Thanks for all the answers.
I would recomend them as an FFL.
At the end of the day they are doing their job!
Have a good one guys!

Thank you.

I am surprised that you are having a problem with Precision Armory. I have bought a couple of guns from them. If you lived up north I would recommend NFA.
They are a good shop, definitely.
I was just concerned I was being treated differently than most.
But at the end of the day they have a job to do and that's exactly what they are doing.
I finally got my DL in the Mail, so I'll be going to Precision in the morning to pick it up!
Should be pretty smooth
I'll post an update when I'm done.
You said you've bought a couple guns from them?
No issues?
Any tips?

You have to recognize the fact that the FFL guys have to deal with all kinds of people....and that a percentage of those people will be less than truthful. They are simply trying to make sure that everything is on the up and up, and like SPIN said - not conversing with them face to face will throw up red flags to them. Again, you know somewhere, sometime, somebody has tried to pull a fast one on them, and they aren't going to do anything but make sure you are legit.
Well said Sir!
Thank you.

Well said Sir!
Thank you.
If you are communicating with Precision Armory via emails without going there in person, then that may be an additional problem. These guys are used to face to face transactions and most hate emails or phone calls. Get your necessary documents together and go down to the shop.
Drivers license finally came in the mail. They are closed today!
I'll be going down there first thing in the morning!
I didn't want to go down there for no reason because I didn't have the necessary documents in order to complete the transfer.
All is good now.

But at the end of the day they have a job to do and that's exactly what they are doing.
I finally got my DL in the Mail, so I'll be going to Precision in the morning to pick it up!
Should be pretty smooth
No issues?
Any tips?
Also, did you buy online and use them as your FFL?
Or did you purchase directly through them?
Did they ask for receipt?
Lol

So nice for me. The pawnbroker up the street knows me for the last ten or so years. Too bad his transfer fee is forty bucks. No transfer fee at Scheels, but it's $10 in gas and an hour to go there and drive right back. It's sort of a wash, then...

Should be pretty smooth
No issues?
Any tips?
I last bought from them before the move. I walked in they had what I wanted, I filled out the form, when it came back I finalized the purchase.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top