JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I kind of doubt they have enough intelligence to reason that out, and how would they pass that information along?
I would suspect that they weren't suitably concerned that they would be stepped on. The rattle is there to say don't tread on me, after all.
Think about it.
Gabby
I know what I've seen.

I know what I've seen.
This one my daughter stepped over while dove hunting. It never rattled even after I grabbed it and moved it away. It struck at me but never rattled.

IMG_20180904_190905639.jpg

I kind of doubt they have enough intelligence to reason that out, and how would they pass that information along?
I would suspect that they weren't suitably concerned that they would be stepped on. The rattle is there to say don't tread on me, after all.
Think about it.
Gabby
I read an article in Sports Afield a long time ago that due to the wild pig populations expanding and eating all the rattlesnakes they could find (they find the ones that rattle easier). The ones that don't rattle were reproducing more often and passing on that trait.

This one my daughter stepped over while dove hunting. It never rattled even after I grabbed it and moved it away. It struck at me but never rattled.

View attachment 8089

Should have killed it!
As stated elsewhere you just added to the gene pool of non rattlers.
There are plenty of the silent ones that don't warn as it is. I'm thinking of copper heads, water moccasins, coral to name a few.
I personally will kill every venemos snake I encounter if at all possible I think of the small children who don't know any better or those who don't watch their steps. My wife stepped over on at our back step then called me, I crushed its head with the end of a 2X2.
We also had our hunting dogs "Snake Broke" A process using a de fanged rattler and a shock collar set on it's highest voltage.
Works a charm!
Gabby

Should have killed it!
As stated elsewhere you just added to the gene pool of non rattlers.
There are plenty of the silent ones that don't warn as it is. I'm thinking of copper heads, water moccasins, coral to name a few.
I personally will kill every venemos snake I encounter if at all possible I think of the small children who don't know any better or those who don't watch their steps. My wife stepped over on at our back step then called me, I crushed its head with the end of a 2X2.
We also had our hunting dogs "Snake Broke" A process using a de fanged rattler and a shock collar set on it's highest voltage.
Works a charm!
Gabby
There won't be many people in the area where we were, I don't kill them just because their rattlesnakes I have respect for nature even nasty bubblegum tarantulas. When things are out of balance there's a steep price to pay. That's why there's so much crime lol.

Tannerite Outlet on College View, Springfield, OR keeps a couple live ones on display. Western Diamondback. Made me wonder if they set them free, after hours. They are also a firearms dealer.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top