JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The National Shooting Sports Foundation has compiled a list of shooting ranges and even made an app for your phone.
Check it out: WhereToSHoot.org

When searching, the default distance is 20 miles from the zip code. Here in Tucson, I recommend 40 miles so you get the ones out of town.

The ranges will appear either as green (member of NSSF) or black (non member) pins on the map.

Indoor and Outdoor ranges are listed.

Enjoy!

mobapp21x2.jpg

I moved from near Winchester, Virginia to the deserts of Western Nevada in Fall 2004 to have a place to shoot. Now, I work so much I hardly ever get a chance to go. Such a bummer but still, I am close to hundreds upon hundreds of wide-open acres with no gates, no fences, no signs of any nature telling me to stay out, et cetera. Just that I have that freedom is worth the months and months between my trips out to the desert to pop-off a few. I know the pain of you who have so few places to shoot; I was one of you for 28 years until I got the gumption up to move to greener pastures. Being a trucker with a stellar safety record really helped in moving 2500 miles to the west.

It seems there is bugs with this app and it keeps crashing. Hopefully there will be a bug fix coming. I was able to view on the web, all of the locations are known brick and mortar ranges which i already knew about.

It seems there is bugs with this app and it keeps crashing. Hopefully there will be a bug fix coming. I was able to view on the web, all of the locations are known brick and mortar ranges which i already knew about.
If you know of one or two places to shoot that are not listed, the resources tab on this forum is a great place to post them. One of the ways we can make our forum even better.

Cheers Senor Burp :)

I was visiting my fathers farm in Iowa years ago. Went out on the 80 acres, a mile from anyone, and proceeded to shoot targets, safely for a hour or so. Then the deputy showed up and read me the riot act about shooting. He noticed my Arizona plates real fast. I listened then then jumped into his crap hard. I had gone to high school with this idiot. I remember him, him remember me not so much. I asked if he knew where he was got a sarcastic answer and then told him he was about to loose his job. OK he wanted to know. You on my father, the Judge's farm. Go back and tell Jess I will be in later to see him. Jess was the sheriff and a old friend of my fathers. Found out he was paying for 2 families on deputy salary so I just let him eat crow for a while. He never did say who had called. Did not seem to be a record of a phone call which means he was out in the country hiding out. Where we were shooting was on a dirt road. All of the normal farm to market roads were gravel. This was the lowest tier road the county had, passable when dry.

Now I drive at least an hour to the range or a safe spot in the desert.

I moved from near Winchester, Virginia to the deserts of Western Nevada in Fall 2004 to have a place to shoot. Now, I work so much I hardly ever get a chance to go. Such a bummer but still, I am close to hundreds upon hundreds of wide-open acres with no gates, no fences, no signs of any nature telling me to stay out, et cetera. Just that I have that freedom is worth the months and months between my trips out to the desert to pop-off a few. I know the pain of you who have so few places to shoot; I was one of you for 28 years until I got the gumption up to move to greener pastures. Being a trucker with a stellar safety record really helped in moving 2500 miles to the west.
I'll hit you up next time I'm in the neighborhood. I usually go out by indian springs, but Creech is really expanding so I don't know how much longer shooting out there will still be viable. But wouldn't mind getting out and doing some public lands long range.

I'll hit you up next time I'm in the neighborhood. ... But wouldn't mind getting out and doing some public lands long range.
Where I shoot-- when enough time away from work avails itself: Several hundred yards north and a bit east of the Flying J truckstop on I-80 in Fernley, NV (Exit 48). I can't get the GPS co-ordinates to show-up on my GoogleEarth image, so the written location is as good as I can provide. I understand from a friend of mine that Cerasola Flats, as that area is called, is private land. The friend is friends with the owner. Still, people go out there with mind-blowing regularity to shoot. Not uncommon to see multiple bunches of shooters out there on the weekends. It's entirely possible to set-up a 1000-yard range out there and have at it until you're out of ammo. Just clean-up where you were and leave no trash behind. Below picture is from the uncompleted road going to the Flying J from Exit 52. That's all wide-open land you see, just waitng for you to leave fired bullets out there...

I-80 @ Exit 52 looking North.JPG
Click on image to make it bigger...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top