JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For years I've been telling our resident CZ guy @armoredman that I'd be picking up my first CZ soon. Somehow it always got bumped down the list by something else. Well it finally happened yesterday, I picked up a CZ SP-01 Tactical. Initial impressions are that this thing is big, heavy (all steel), and good quality. Can't wait to get it to the range and see what all the CZ fans are talking about.

75538F74-8700-4E71-A6A2-78A3FB315C28.jpeg

Nice Joe!! Congrats do you work this Saturday? I'm going to the range in the morning for a couple hours.

No work but I'll be in attending our local Gambler 500 in the middle of nowhere :D

Very nice!

Usually they need some use - or internal component polishing to become "awesome", but I loved mine from the first time I hoisted the sights to eye level!

I'll keep that in mind!

Never owned a CZ but I just bought this last week. I can't wait to get it to the range this weekend.

View attachment 4118

Nice pickup! I love the M9 I bought a few months ago.

Welcome to the addiCZion. :cool: I've never needed any gunsmithing/work on any of my CZs to get them to shoot nicely, but the classic style CZ-75 triggers smooth out with use to glass.

I have the safety version and a "SP-01 Compact" which is basically a steel framed P-01 with a safety that they made for a contract and had a few extra. Both are great shooters and will respond well to upgrades from CGW or CZ Custom. I've avoided spending any money on either but have done some polishing to the full size.

My personal holy grail CZ is a thumb safety P-01 (aluminum frame) model labeled as the Compact L that came through the CZ Custom shop a couple of years ago. I didn't have the near $900 to spend at the time and now they're selling used at ~$1500 if you can find one.

I have the safety version and a "SP-01 Compact" which is basically a steel framed P-01 with a safety that they made for a contract and had a few extra. Both are great shooters and will respond well to upgrades from CGW or CZ Custom. I've avoided spending any money on either but have done some polishing to the full size.

My personal holy grail CZ is a thumb safety P-01 (aluminum frame) model labeled as the Compact L that came through the CZ Custom shop a couple of years ago. I didn't have the near $900 to spend at the time and now they're selling used at ~$1500 if you can find one.

I have a steel P-01 with manual safety with full Cajun treatment - that's a great shooter for sure!

7629CEB2-ADBF-478F-A61B-70D775F147F2.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top