JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I haven't been here for a while, because we have been in the process of moving from our old house in Glendale, Az. to our new home in Lake Havasu City, Az. It has been a long, difficult process, but one that will be ultimately worth the time, cost, and effort. I totally underestimated the amount of stuff I had to move, and the weight. A lot of it was personal stuff like firearms, ammunition, handloading supplies, reloading equipment, and other things that you don't care to trust to movers.

2, 12' U-Haul trailers, plus a 20' U-Haul truck, along with professional movers, and we're finally here! I made a total of 8 trips back and forth at 400 miles a crack round trip. The movers finally delivered the last of it yesterday. And just now I finally got my Internet and Wi-Fi up and running. This was without question the most physically demanding thing I've ever done. Both my wife and I are in our mid 60's, and did everything ourselves with no help. (Except for the movers taking the larger furniture we could not handle). But now that it's all over, it was worth the effort.

Lake Havasu City is a nice town that is just large enough, (53,000 population), without all of the big city gridlock, crime, and problems. The house we purchased is about the same size in living space. But the garage is much larger. We went from a standard HOT, small, 2 car, 525 sq. ft. garage, to a 3 car, boat deep, 984 sq. ft. evaporator cooled one, with an epoxy coated floor. This thing is big enough to exercise my dog in. Plenty of room for everything, plus all 3 of our vehicles.

Now all that's left is to unpack and get organized, which we can do at our own pace. Lake Havasu has a very nice gun club, as does Kingman, (about 50 miles north of Lake Havasu City). As soon as the cooler weather comes, I'll be spending a lot of time there. They have rifle, pistol, plus Trap & Skeet, as well as a Sporting Clays course. I can also shoot my .50 BMG there, and in Kingman also. They have a 1,000 yard range available.
And it's really nice look out over the top of my monitor at the lake. I can see well into California. The vastness of the Mohave Desert is really impressive. Anyway, I'm sure we will enjoy life a lot more here. We've been planning this since I retired almost 5 years ago, but couldn't find the house we were looking for. When we finally did we jumped on it. At my age I didn't want to buy into a project. This place is in perfect shape. Nothing left to do but enjoy.

Now all that's left is to unpack and get organized, which we can do at our own pace. Lake Havasu has a very nice gun club, as does Kingman (about 50 miles north of Lake Havasu City). As soon as the cooler weather comes, I'll be spending a lot of time there. They have rifle, pistol, plus Trap & Skeet, as well as a Sporting Clays course. I can also shoot my .50 BMG there, and in Kingman also. They have a 1,000-yard range available. And it's really nice look out over the top of my monitor at the lake. I can see well into California. The vastness of the Mohave Desert is really impressive.
Congratulations on your relocation victory. I can understand your sentiment about the desert. I moved to Nevada in 2004 from Virginia after having spent about a year in Saudi Arabia in 1977. The quiet, empty solitude of the desert never left me in the 27 years since I returned from Saudi in August '77 until I arrived here in September 2004. The desert is a special place; only the very few can understand and appreciate what it really is...

I had to move this and more................from Washington State.

IMG_0220 (1).jpg

What, Glendale wasn't hot enough for you?

Years ago I had to drive from Phoenix to Lake Havasu every other week for work. I love the area out there. First time I went, it was 100 something here in Phoenix so, not knowing I figured I go to "the lake" and get out of the heat. Well, that plan sure didn't work it was at least 15 degrees hotter in Lake Havasu.

The fish are huge if you go up to the damn. And it's almost like a small Vegas. All the shows without all the people. Bull Head City records their heat for the day in the open. They want to be known for the hottest temperatures in Az.

Hope you end up loving it as much as I did. There is so much to do and you can shoot to your heart's content.

I haven't been here for a while, because we have been in the process of moving from our old house in Glendale, Az. to our new home in Lake Havasu City, Az. It has been a long, difficult process, but one that will be ultimately worth the time, cost, and effort. I totally underestimated the amount of stuff I had to move, and the weight. A lot of it was personal stuff like firearms, ammunition, handloading supplies, reloading equipment, and other things that you don't care to trust to movers.

2, 12' U-Haul trailers, plus a 20' U-Haul truck, along with professional movers, and we're finally here! I made a total of 8 trips back and forth at 400 miles a crack round trip. The movers finally delivered the last of it yesterday. And just now I finally got my Internet and Wi-Fi up and running. This was without question the most physically demanding thing I've ever done. Both my wife and I are in our mid 60's, and did everything ourselves with no help. (Except for the movers taking the larger furniture we could not handle). But now that it's all over, it was worth the effort.

Lake Havasu City is a nice town that is just large enough, (53,000 population), without all of the big city gridlock, crime, and problems. The house we purchased is about the same size in living space. But the garage is much larger. We went from a standard HOT, small, 2 car, 525 sq. ft. garage, to a 3 car, boat deep, 984 sq. ft. evaporator cooled one, with an epoxy coated floor. This thing is big enough to exercise my dog in. Plenty of room for everything, plus all 3 of our vehicles.

Now all that's left is to unpack and get organized, which we can do at our own pace. Lake Havasu has a very nice gun club, as does Kingman, (about 50 miles north of Lake Havasu City). As soon as the cooler weather comes, I'll be spending a lot of time there. They have rifle, pistol, plus Trap & Skeet, as well as a Sporting Clays course. I can also shoot my .50 BMG there, and in Kingman also. They have a 1,000 yard range available.
And it's really nice look out over the top of my monitor at the lake. I can see well into California. The vastness of the Mohave Desert is really impressive. Anyway, I'm sure we will enjoy life a lot more here. We've been planning this since I retired almost 5 years ago, but couldn't find the house we were looking for. When we finally did we jumped on it. At my age I didn't want to buy into a project. This place is in perfect shape. Nothing left to do but enjoy.

Welcome to LHC . Hope to see you at the club. I've been a member there for over 25 years.

Congrats on the move. Wife & I bought in Sun City Festival Buckeye. Now in Henderson'Nv since 2001. Move projected to be mid November. We also have a ton of stuff & are down sizing. Oh boy this should be one hell of a move. Anyone shoot in the desert around Buckeye??

BW

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top