JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello my name is Corey. Thank you for excepting and welcoming me to the group! I stumbled on to the group searching for BLM maps to run a few rounds through my 1911. I'm fairly new to Arizona, 2 years here now and working as an electrician. I come from the very BLUE city of Chicago and I've got to say its still feels funny to what you may be permitted to do, or what isn't payed much attention to here! My mind is still in the changing over process to that little sense of freedom that I feel here. It feels good! I look forward to seeing what I can experience and learn from you all through the group.
Thanks again,
Corey Fredricksen

Welcome Corey.

As soon as the rain and cooler temps hit - we will be allowed to venture out into the desert to shoot.

Be aware that there are plenty of people who are not safe to be around when they are shooting. Always look to see where the other shooters are - and which direction they are shooting! You must always know what is beyond your target, and have a backstop. So some of these people "forget" that, or simply don't care. Same thing with them picking up their shooting trash. If they bring it out there to shoot - they also need to take it home with them.

Welcome Corey.

As soon as the rain and cooler temps hit - we will be allowed to venture out into the desert to shoot.

Be aware that there are plenty of people who are not safe to be around when they are shooting. Always look to see where the other shooters are - and which direction they are shooting! You must always know what is beyond your target, and have a backstop. So some of these people "forget" that, or simply don't care. Same thing with them picking up their shooting trash. If they bring it out there to shoot - they also need to take it home with them.
Understood thank you

The desert can be your friend and it can be a dangerous place. I wandered into AZ in 1970 and have found my heaven. I would recommend going to the botanical gardens in Phoenix. Learning about the joys of Cholla cactus can save a lot of pain. There are more types than you think. A pair of hemostats is a good investment. Helps for pulling the spines out of the flesh.
I always carry a gallon of water, and some food when venturing out into the wilds. Now days you have to drive a bit farther but the open desert is there if you look for it. Be considerate of the land owners, and they in turn will generally be a friend. Remember the state is comprised of a lot of public land only about 17% of the land is in private hands.

I did 1/2 of 6th grade in Chicago. We lived near Old Town on the sort of on the south edge of Lincoln Park. 3 blocks west it was unsafe to walk even in the day time. I was one of 3 non negro students in my class. I was glad when we moved to the farm in Iowa.

There used to be lots of places out in the White Tank Mountains near the Caterpillar Proving ground that shooting was ok. I moved to Tucson 10 years ago and have not spent much time in the Valley of the Sun since.

Welcome

Hello my name is Corey. Thank you for excepting and welcoming me to the group! I stumbled on to the group searching for BLM maps to run a few rounds through my 1911. I'm fairly new to Arizona, 2 years here now and working as an electrician. I come from the very BLUE city of Chicago and I've got to say its still feels funny to what you may be permitted to do, or what isn't payed much attention to here! My mind is still in the changing over process to that little sense of freedom that I feel here. It feels good! I look forward to seeing what I can experience and learn from you all through the group.
Thanks again,
Corey Fredricksen
I know that feeling of FREEDOM you speak of... I lived in the state of my birth, southern Michigan, until my 20th year when I got the heck out and eventually settled in Colorado almost 50 years ago... many things were different, especially the gun laws... now the libs have tightened the strictures of tyranny to the point that even to give a gun to a family member requires the "Dealer paperwork"- secret registration.. no more private sales...
Colorado has suffered from the influx of Californicators and is becoming a blue state.. It was redder than blood when I settled here, and it's becoming a blue baby rather quickly.. with Arizona turning blue, it seems there is nowhere to run, nowhere to hide from the tide of blue-state liberalism..
Have even considered moving to somewhere in Idaho where White Nats congregate, figuring that libs won't gravitate there anytime soon... but, naw, that ain't gonna happen in my world...

Last Edited:
Here's something I found Odd about AZ.
When looking for real estate , We sorted through magazines and internet pictures. I was amassed at how many guns and holsters I saw hanging on headboards! I'm not surprised that you all have guns, Just surprised that you let them take pictures of them and post them in real estate magazines! DR

Here's something I found Odd about AZ.
When looking for real estate , We sorted through magazines and internet pictures. I was amassed at how many guns and holsters I saw hanging on headboards! I'm not surprised that you all have guns, Just surprised that you let them take pictures of them and post them in real estate magazines! DR
Our guns are the same as our appliances.... they are part of the functionality and furnishings of our homes.

Colorado has suffered from the influx of Californicators and is becoming a blue state.. It was redder than blood when I settled here, and it's becoming a blue baby rather quickly.. with Arizona turning blue, it seems there is nowhere to run, nowhere to hide from the tide of blue-state liberalism..
Same problem in my blessed Nevada. I'm single and a trucker, so I can move anywhere. If Nevada ever goes completely down the toilet I'll move to Richfield, Utah where there is a FedEx facility.

I've been looking at Utah as AZ gets turned into something I don't like by all the people escaping from CA and bringing their same stupid voting habits and "Karen" mentalities with them.

Then on the other hand I fully realize that "normal" people leaving an area because idiots moved into it just speeds up the destruction process.

Eventually all the normal productive conservatives move to one state, which ends up supplying ALL the other states with everything since Leftist drones won't work unless it's working on a protest.

I've been looking at Utah as AZ gets turned into something I don't like by all the people escaping from CA and bringing their same stupid voting habits and "Karen" mentalities with them.

Then on the other hand I fully realize that "normal" people leaving an area because idiots moved into it just speeds up the destruction process.

Your keeping your azz here and fighting!!! We will not give in and the silent majority will rise!!!

I got this emailed to me by Pima County today

PIMA COUNTY, Sept. 14, 2020 -- The Consulate of Mexico in Tucson is honoring former Pima County Board of Supervisors Chairman Richard Elías with the Othli Award Sept. 18. The honor is the highest award granted by the Mexican government to community members in the U.S. who have contributed to the development of the Mexican community living abroad.

The award recognizes the long-time District 5 supervisor, who died March 28, for his work on migrant rights, according to Enrique Alfonso Gómez Montiel, appointed consul for the Mexican Consulate.

Elías' wife, Emily, and daughter Luz will receive the award on his behalf at a small private ceremony Sept. 18, at 6 p.m. It will be carried on live stream on the Consulate's Facebook page.

The Consulate had submitted the nomination to Mexico City before Elías' sudden death and only recently was told the nomination had been approved. The recognition consists of a medal, a silver rosette and a certificate signed by the director of the Institute of Mexicans Abroad.

Family and friends remember Elías as a champion of the environment, an advocate for affordable housing and someone who fought tirelessly for immigrants and low-income community members.

The text is pretty much bait and switch they mean illegals, not true immigrants.
I have not posted the rest of the text as it is offensive to me.

The desert can be your friend and it can be a dangerous place. I wandered into AZ in 1970 and have found my heaven. I would recommend going to the botanical gardens in Phoenix. Learning about the joys of Cholla cactus can save a lot of pain. There are more types than you think. A pair of hemostats is a good investment. Helps for pulling the spines out of the flesh.
I always carry a gallon of water, and some food when venturing out into the wilds. Now days you have to drive a bit farther but the open desert is there if you look for it. Be considerate of the land owners, and they in turn will generally be a friend. Remember the state is comprised of a lot of public land only about 17% of the land is in private hands.

I did 1/2 of 6th grade in Chicago. We lived near Old Town on the sort of on the south edge of Lincoln Park. 3 blocks west it was unsafe to walk even in the day time. I was one of 3 non negro students in my class. I was glad when we moved to the farm in Iowa.

There used to be lots of places out in the White Tank Mountains near the Caterpillar Proving ground that shooting was ok. I moved to Tucson 10 years ago and have not spent much time in the Valley of the Sun since.

Welcome
Thanks for the tip on the cholia, I'm pretty outdoors-ie.... try to have what I need but could probably familiarize myself better to what I may run into. Thanks

Then on the other hand I fully realize that "normal" people leaving an area because idiots moved into it just speeds there
I have always shied away from pictures of me or most anything I own. Become my friend and we shall share our secrets.
Not sure I wanna know your secrets

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top