JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone called their federal congressmen and senators about the Concealed Carry Weapons RECIPROCITY law? Senators Flake and McCain both say they are in favor of it. How about your Senators?

Arizona is a great place to live. Plenty of sunshine not much rain and we're really all at the beach, and less you go to Flagstaff. In Flagstaff and Prescott and those areas they have four seasons.

Arizona is a great place to live. Plenty of sunshine not much rain and we're really all at the beach, and less you go to Flagstaff. In Flagstaff and Prescott and those areas they have four seasons.

I've never been to Flagstaff but I've heard it's beautiful. I need to make it over one of these days. Which part of AZ are you in?

Flagstaff AZ along Interstate 40. Has Mountains snow Four Seasons elk deer and animals like that up there period also has Northern Arizona University. I live south east of Phoenix Arizona in Chandler Arizona.

Flagstaff AZ along Interstate 40. Has Mountains snow Four Seasons elk deer and animals like that up there period also has Northern Arizona University. I live south east of Phoenix Arizona in Chandler Arizona.

That sounds fantastic!

I'm of mixed feelings about Federal reciprocity. The license from any State should be recognized the same way driver's licenses, marriage licenses and such are recognized. That is in the Constitution.
I don't like the idea of allowing the Feds to have control over anything to do with the Second Amendment other than enforcing that law as it is written and intended.

Pops

I'm of mixed feelings about Federal reciprocity. The license from any State should be recognized the same way driver's licenses, marriage licenses and such are recognized. That is in the Constitution.
I don't like the idea of allowing the Feds to have control over anything to do with the Second Amendment other than enforcing that law as it is written and intended.

Pops

I'm the same way -- I can see benefits and drawbacks.

first..yepper i know this is an almost year olde thread, that stated, our national legislative body is spun up after the chaos in FL and the emotional aftermath is causing fervor for the feds to 'do sumthg' even it is wrong!

therefore while this issue should have died a peaceful death...the subject is playing Frankenstien (imagine wilder's dialogue "it's alive, it's alive" ) and everyone should be concerned!

second, when you believe FED reciprocal carry permit/license equates to DL you are comparing apples to turnips! FED had/have nothing to do w/DL reciprocity as there is a 'private' association who provides the glue between the states accepting each others DL.

third, ATF can't find it's derrière with both hands so you want it to negotiate if citizens need live fire, or simulaton, or none to be competent to get the National permit/license? how long should the training be? who should teach it, NRA, LE, CMP, 4H, military? what subject matter s/b included & who decides? how much!

factual story, mid/late '90s NM got on the CC bandwagon & Dept of Public Safety won oversight of the lucrative profit center!
training criteria:
citizen live fire mandatory 80% qual - LE only needed 60%; confrontational training mandatory; normal BS: safety, handgun types, cleaning, cartridges, NM statutes on deadly force; +/- 15 hour course, including range time; few other quarks taught to citizens then paid the DPS for the permit/license.

after $$$ exchange hands the NM citizens got a card which allow them to conceal carry a single caliber type! they want a different caliber - they should have thought about it and made arrangements prior to class as you have to live fire qual—on every caliber they want to carry! another two hours with an instructor & more money to DPS to issue a new card!

oh the citizen's card is good for four years, but citizens need refresher training, live fire every two years!

DPS mandates instructors submit their syllabus & curriculum annually and about two years ago mandated instructors attend a DPS training session every two years, no word what topics session consist of, e.g., live fire, lecture on?

so this is but one state's goat rope for citizens to be able to conceal in the land of disenchantment...multiply it by 49 and i haven't touched on CA, NY, IL, MD, etc., niggly concerns!

When it comes to Constitutional Rights - I believe they should be treated equally.

Make the qualifications and documentation required to purchase a firearm or CCW be exactly the same to VOTE!
Now make that 50-state consistent.

I'm not interested in giving up ANY of my Constitutional and well-documented rights.

When it comes to Constitutional Rights - I believe they should be treated equally.

Make the qualifications and documentation required to purchase a firearm or CCW be exactly the same to VOTE!
Now make that 50-state consistent.

I'm not interested in giving up ANY of my Constitutional and well-documented rights.

surely you jest...same as to vote...really!! federal oversight is not involved in voting whatsoever as it was originally derived state contrived jim crow concept(s) and still is! why even the dead are glad to be voting for DianeF.

this is a congress that can't fund the this great country for more than 2 weeks, and i sure as the devil do not want congressional oversight on a carry in my state...DPS has screwed that up enough!!

Since the thread got revived, and we talk about how drivers licenses and other types of licenses are recognized in various states. Is there a federal law that forces states to recognize each other's drivers license, or was it a compact between the states. Only thing I can find googling around is the inter-american transportation compact

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top