JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From what little I know about buying guns across State lines I understand that if you cannot present a driver's license from the State in which you plan to buy the gun, you cannot buy the gun. Period. The employee at Academy Sports certainly failed in his duty to verify residence but it also begs the question, How did the buyer pass the background check-- that interminable phone call to the FBI that checks the buyer's record for felonies, spousal abuse, et cetera?

I would guess that the background check verifies the buyer's State of residence and compares that information to in which State the firearm is being purchased. If the two do not match, the background check will come back with a do-not-proceed result. Something that simple would have prevented the crime. If a dumb trucker like me can think of that, certainly the premier law enforcement organization in the world can think of it.

The perpetrator was going to do what he did, no matter what obstacles obtained. He would have acquired his weapon some other way and would have still done what he did, regardless. The honest public is also a victim of this crime because the first reaction by the Criminal Left is to reduce or to destroy the Liberty of innocent Americans who were not within 2000 miles of where the crime was committed...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top