JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its said that they refused to cut the one thing that ended up shutting down a lucrative business model. I guess they were asked several times to restructure sans the adult page/personals....craigslist was smart and removed it all together...backpage kept it going and shuffling (allegedly) money around that made it looked like they were complicit. It's a shame as not only was it a good market place but several small businesses will lose customers as well as smaller home based FFL's. Craigslist will now corner the market....only if they allowed firearms/reloading/accessories. I have gotten several good deal as well as met some current shooting/reloading friends (and found this forum) censorship at its worst

AZgunguy, your discussion on their ADULT side of their enterprise causing their demise is the way I perceived their problem as well.

Personally, it seemed their greed from that side of the business drove them to their bad business decision.

Hopefully with a little luck they can convince the authorities they will shed that side and be allowed to open the firearm side soon.

@sparkyaz yeah there definitely is a huge hole left...besides armslist and a few forums like this, the secondary market is gonna take a hit. I mean once you weed through the people who want full price or higher for used gear, it was a great place to buy/sell/trade and find deal on reloading equip...I've purchased several 8lb jugs of powder for about $100 and sold a couple of older hard to find guns that a store would've given me peanuts for....like I said the hardest hit will be the home based FFL's who make a living selling firearms legally...
@nmwabbit yeah greed gets the best (or worse) of them. I don't think they are gonna be doing any convincing. When the feds get you, its after they have a solid case, there is a reason they have a 95% conviction rate. They are being tied to money laundering etc because of how the shifted funds over sees and via cryptocurrency which wouldn't have mattered until the feds made the personals section akin to running a human trafficking ring.....basically my take...feds too lazy to do the work on the trafficking, and McCaine's wife having a personal vendetta on anything x-rated...maybe one of the admin will take it and re-create without the adults section.

The Human trafficking and child sex slave market makes my stomach turn. If the people at the top of BP were directly involved then they deserve worse than whatever punishment they get. But if the feds are using prostitution as an excuse to shut down a really good open forum as a source for the people to openly buy, trade, or sell firearms, then shame on them . It's an example of what may be coming! A lot of emotionally driven policy changes made by people who have no idea the repercussions of they're actions.

Alas, separating the possible political agenda regarding 'easy' (not sure what easy sales actually encompasses) firearm sales (read they violated ATF's USC?) and their "dating" site and alledged money laundering activity is the rationale they were shut down over is something future urban myths will be made of and long judicial proceedings!

CL, took immediate action to shut their "personal" section down as well as got good PR with their goodbye message to those who found their life partner(s). :rolleyes:

Billdeserthill, you're not paranoid, the little voiceS i hear told me you aint!

AZgunguy, your discussion on their ADULT side of their enterprise causing their demise is the way I perceived their problem as well.

Personally, it seemed their greed from that side of the business drove them to their bad business decision.

Hopefully with a little luck they can convince the authorities they will shed that side and be allowed to open the firearm side soon.
The back page site is up and working. Is it the feds?

The back page site is up and working. Is it the feds?
When did you see it was up and running? I just typed it in and saw the same thing as last year this time.

Screenshot_20190601-165731.png

Its odd last weekend I needed to sell an asset so I looked for a site to list my Glock20. My husband suggested Backpage.com but I knew it was gone.Using Windows10 edge I searched and it pulled up the backpage site. But I kept reading of the closure and there were two threads leading to a new site.One being this one.
Now when I do the exact same search NO backpage.The FBI seizure flash page pops up. Damn if I know how that happened.

Thanks. I sold it locally. Phoenix was apparently to far for a good deal in Tucson. I did like the info from this site but tjere is way too much hatred for me. Why can't people see this divide hurts all of us. UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FAIL.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top