JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's crazy times here in the PNW, wait times are up between several hours to several days, ques over 1000+ and no end in sight!
Folks are panicking, and it's overwhelming the systems! Here we have the Oregon State Police doing the checks, and they only have 15 ( I think) officers per shift to run all the checks! Normally, even with a Gun Show, most BGC's only take 1/2 to an hour tops, and even Black Friday, waits are almost never longer then that............................
Crazy! I'm wondering what the final monthly Numbers will be, Our last record was 48,000, this will have to eclipse that by quite a bit!

I was in my LGS today transferring a new S&W model 360 revolver and they couldn't get thru most of the morning.

2F81EC71-4A4A-4B08-BF5A-54E043F3C933.jpeg 72D4DBF3-91CF-45FB-8F47-77FB611DA00A.jpeg

Gun stores are getting slammed with firearm purchases. Sportsman's Warehouse had a line of about 30 people waiting to purchase firearms. Pistol Parlour was only letting 12 people into the store at a time (you know, the whole 'social distancing' thing). The background check system is being overwhelmed. This is why it is a good time to have a CCW (at least in a 'free' state), so that you don't have to undergo the background check.

I bought a new pistol yesterday from Sportsman's Warehouse. There must have been 50 + people behind me waiting to look over the guns. Fortunately it only took a few minutes for my purchase. I have my CCW. The customer in front of me didn't have a CCW and took over 1 hour.

Gun stores are getting slammed with firearm purchases. Sportsman's Warehouse had a line of about 30 people waiting to purchase firearms. Pistol Parlour was only letting 12 people into the store at a time (you know, the whole 'social distancing' thing). The background check system is being overwhelmed. This is why it is a good time to have a CCW (at least in a 'free' state), so that you don't have to undergo the background check.
Which is exactly what I did.

I got the Glock 44 yesterday but used a CCW. The shop was out of ARs and most other items, what little ammo that was left they were selling only one box per customer.

I just called my local FFL and they are still open and as long as weapons are being delivered they will send in the background checks. The system has been backed up lately due to FBI work stoppages/virus.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top