JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well the house went on the market last Saturday. I am hoping that we can get a good price for the house and that it will sell quickly. I am so ready to get on with life and move to AZ.

I started working on my resume today so that I can apply for jobs and maybe have a head start when we get to town.

Wish us luck we are gonna need it.

Good luck and best wishes for a happy, healthy future in AZ.

The Palo Verde Nuclear Power Plant was one of the places I tried to get my son interested in as a guard which is a gateway job to many others in the plant. He opted to work for Amazon at starvation wages. Being bilingual is helpful in an AZ job hunt.

Last Edited:
I have been in (so far) 13 different foreign countries (more than half of them were looking from behind gunsights), and I have found English to be the "cue ball" language of the world because the harder you smack 'em the more English you get out of them.

;):D

Looking in the North Phoenix, Cave Creek, Anthem area. Need to rent for the next 3-6 months until I get a job then we will buy a house.
I'm in Sun City Festival Buckeye. Just north of the White Tank Mtns. Nice area, real quiet, away from city, reasonable prices & great amenities. Joe Foss range is about 25 minutes south of me.

BW

Good luck with the job hunt. A problem with working and living in the valley is the commute if you rent/buy away from your job site. The vehicle cost per mile adds up and the time spent behind the wheel in rush hour traffic makes a day seem much longer than it should.

… ... the time spent behind the wheel in rush hour traffic makes a day seem much longer than it should.
You talkin' about Reno? The traffic there during both morning and evening rush is an atrocity. The last redesign and upgrade of the interchange where I-80 meets US 395 was in the early 1970s. My brother was considering being the Project Manager of a redesign, realignment and rebuilding project, but he decided to stay up in Eastern Washington and drive about ten minutes to work as opposed to being down here during the week for the next five years. I can't say I blame him.

The rush hours in Reno will drive a man absolutely nuts. The I-80/US 395 intersection backs-up for several miles in all four cardinal directions. Nobody wants to get into even a minuscule accident, so they all creep along and the delays compound and compound on top of each other. It's not uncommon during rush for a vehicle to be moving down I-80 at just slightly faster than a man can walk. I do my best to not be even close to the area during those hours of insanity...

I'm in Sun City Festival Buckeye. Just north of the White Tank Mtns. Nice area, real quiet, away from city, reasonable prices & great amenities. Joe Foss range is about 25 minutes south of me.

BW

I would love to go to a cheaper area for housing. If I moved to a area like that I could almost pay cash for a house. But we want to be close to the kids to help with the grand babies. My mortgage payment will hopefully still go down, I just need to find a three or four car garage so I can set up my reloading gear again.

Good luck with the job hunt. A problem with working and living in the valley is the commute if you rent/buy away from your job site. The vehicle cost per mile adds up and the time spent behind the wheel in rush hour traffic makes a day seem much longer than it should.

When you move from the Seattle or Portland area traffic in Phoenix doesn't seem that bad. I'm hoping to find a job close to home but will take what I need to provide for the family.

Oh I am looking forward to it. Can't wait to get a job and buy my first gun in a parking lot :D

Just remember not to eat any brown gravy in a styrofoam cup that you may find out in the parking lot again. It was a disaster for you the last time!

93344935-3CCC-44D0-9A6B-5C0C01455276.jpeg

New Resource Reviews

Back Top