JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you checking your reloads in a gauge? This is VERY important when you're reloading for a semi auto. Case gauges are worth their weight in gold, and are not that expensive. I'm willing to bet if you do you'll find they're not fully seating in the chamber. You can get them in most any caliber. Dillon has them as well. If it goes in the gauge, it will go in the gun.

THIS ^^^ Had the same problem with my. .458S. Shoulder was not being set correctly when sizing the cases and the bolt would close far enough for the hammer to fall, but not enough to strike the firing pin.:eek:
Now I check every cartridge and there are no more problems.:)

Case gauges are a wonderful thing. They tell you if the case is correctly sized, and if they're trimmed to the correct length. Imagine you've resized 500 cases, and the shoulder is 1.87 RCH too high on every one of them-- but you don't know it. Now imagine you've reloaded them, gone to the range and your bolt won't close. The fifteen or twenty bucks the case gauge costs would have saved you all that grief while you were still sitting at your reloading bench. I created two mildcat cartridges. I had to have case gauges made to make sure my cases, formed from 375 Ruger Basic brass, would fit the rifles.

A case gauge will tell the whole truth about both resized and reloaded brass. Get one; they're so worth their small cost...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top