JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My risk-vs-reward scale was out of calibration.
Cripes A'Mighty, I'll say so! I did pretty much the same thing during PE in 7th grade (1970-71). I was a pusillanimous fourteen year-old. We were playing softball and I was called out at first base. I was such an excitable boy. I lost my cool and punched Mr. Petrequin square in the solar plexus. I was detained after school for a week. I figgered I could hide it from my dad, telling him I'd be at the library that whole week. That wasn't unusual because we lived about three miles away from Camp Darby and we'd very often go do homework at the Post Library until my dad drove us home at 1700. I don't remember how many days it took my dad to ask me about punching my teacher, but he did. I don't remember what I said in response but I do remember he didn't return the favor I'd granted to Mr. Petrequin, although I'd have gotten a good slap across the side of my empty skull instead. That was the very last time I ever was disrespectful of any instructor in any education I had after that instance. I learned respect for my elders better than I ever had before just because of one "gnat punch" by a stupid kid against a teacher he really liked. Mr. Petrequin looked like a young Kurt Vonnegut (he had color in his hair), and I can see him in my mind's eye just like I saw him yesterday. I hope he's enjoying his retirement; I hope he doesn't remember me. Given his approximate age in 1971, I suspect he retired in the early 1990s...

Last Edited:
So, I was going to look at a car for my cousin today. I sent the seller of the Glock an email on Thursday night, telling him I could stop and look at it on the way back, so I needed his cross streets. I got an email late Friday night that said this:

"Sorry I don't live in Arizona I was only there on business trip I'm done with the business am back to my home town, I live in Delaware,I don't know if you will be interested in shipping the gun to an FFL or you or if you will drive down here to pick it

Let me know"

Then he sent another one a little later that said this:

"Thanks for your response...I still have the gun..Its in a perfect
condition,comes with all papers including purchase
manuals,insurance,tools,Original box,all paper works Cleaning Brush and
other accessories.It has no scratches or handling mark because i didn't
really use it....It has a good feel in the hand and also has a good
balance.I am currently in Delaware...I listed the gun here because I
bought it here and also feel i would get a quick and serious buyer from
here( I deeply apologize for the little mix up regarding the location)..I'm
available for a FTF here in Exeter, NH. or better still i will handle
shipping cost/expenses to your FFL dealer. Let me know what works for
you...."

It was a total scam all along. First he says he was in Delaware, then he could meet face to face in New Hampshire. Insurance?? Seriously?? I emailed him and told him to stop scamming people, then I flagged his ad several times (somehow the ad is still up). Now I am back to square one. Do I pursue a Glock 34, or do I just purchase a Sig Sauer P365?? Decisions, decisions...

. . . or do I just purchase a Sig Sauer P365?? Decisions, decisions...
Get the P365. My brother really likes his. The bigger one is his P320 in .40S&W. Notice the wheppins have no serial numbers. I manipulated the image to get rid of them. The s/n is more than just covered. I erased it in the edit (whited it out), then dropped a screen-cap of the gray onto the erased area. This keeps the s/n out of the .jpeg file in case some photoshop genius can lift the layers of my editing and get the serial number. Paranoid, maybe? No; my brother wanted it that way, so maybe he's the paranoid one.

P320 vs P365ed - Copy.jpg

Last Edited:
Hey nv, what happens if you post pics with a serial number in it?
The serial number is tied to you as the first or latest buyer in a database when the gub is transferred from the dealer to you. We have all heard of data breaches-- millions of peoples' private medical and credit card data being stolen by hackers and such data being sold on the Dark Web. My credit card number was stolen; had to get a new one and notify the dozens of concerns that use it on a monthly or whatever basis. Time-consuming and a definite pain in my gluteus.

What's not to say that some anti-Liberty outfit is out there, scanning pictures of gubs to glean serial numbers and then match those numbers with info stolen out of a database for gub transfers? If you think that's a hair-brained idea, it would surprise me not if the Criminal Left was doing it. They abhor gubs, you know. Once the serial number is matched with your name and address, who's to say a bunch of long-haired filth wearing tie-dyed t-shirts won't appear on your lawn calling you a baby-killer or whatever just because you own gubs? Well, maybe not a baby-killer because the Criminal Left approves of that-- before or after a live birth. I think it's just good sense to keep the serial numbers of your gubs out of sight. The less the anti-Freedom snogs know about any gubs you might own, the better...

Last Edited:
I have tried numerous times to sell firearms on the sister page to this particular forum and I just get lowball offers and a lot of looks but no serious inquiries so that could explain why sellers might be a little offhanded when actually getting inquiries from people.

Would it not be appropriate if the ad does not state "Price listed is Firm" or something to that effect, to simply ask the seller if the price is firm? Many healthy listings have stated "$.00 or Best Realistic Offer" or "Advertised Price Is Firm". I read one that clearly stated "Low Ball and Unrealistic Inquiries Will Be Ignored". This sets the field, buyer and seller have already bridged a few time wasting gaps and the tire kicking knucklehead has been told he will be ignored. I admit, I have asked sellers if they are firm on the price and included "I am not trying to offend you or under-value your item, however, your ad leaves room for my question." Never been ignored, one guy actually said he knew he was asking the brand new price he paid yet the item was still in the original box, never opened. We met, sure enough, brand new condition, he said "you're saving shipping cost; Transfer Fees". The item was always sold out wherever I looked so I agreed to his terms. Transaction completed, handshake done, we both were happy with the outcome. I still carry that item, been 20+ years ago and still no regrets.

The glans penis selling the gun wants you to pay 100% of his asking price and if you indicate (by asking questions) that you know about what you're talking, he's going to think the prospective buyer (you) will back-out of the deal once you actually lay eyes upon the piece for sale. He wants every penny, is unwilling to negotiate and is impatient with buyers who ask too many questions. I think you ought to let this one go and consider yourself ahead of his game...
Hahaha good one

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top