JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm also surprised the Levi's hasn't gotten more attention for their gun control support. I've read a few things here and there but nowhere near the level it ought to be.

Having met Dock Stack (Owner) of Dick's Sporting goods I can tell you, the business practices are at best "Predatory" toward customers, and their continual refusal to blend in to the local areas when they moved in ( always after a locally owned business left, closed, went bankrupt) and Dicks is now reaping what they sowed! The day the MSR's showed up, corporate issued policy that they were testing the waters only, that MSR's were not to be sold or handled to "Just any one" and would be taken off the floor each and every night as a measure of extra security! It was almost like they were scared of them, and that attitude permeated in the stores with the employees, who were deathly afraid of dealing with them! I was frankly surprised that they even decided to sell MSR's ( And Not Hand Guns) but was glad not to have to deal with what they would have required in dealing with hand guns!

They ( DIck's) have always been a bad joke, they never took the areas they moved into seriously, nor did they bother to follow the recommendations from employees or customers in actually stocking gear and such that sportsmen demand in an outdoor store! All they are is a glorified apparel store that also sells a few crap guns, generic hunting and fishing stuff, and baseball mitts!

Well put and right on the money. There was a time when they had shooting sports items at the store closest to me in Oro Valley, Az. Went there the first day of shotgun shell sale and there were none as in no sale items in any shotgun gauge to be found. When finally hunted down a salesperson that was familiar with the shooting area, I was told that they got 3 cases of each gauge and they were gone in 10 minutes. After driving across town I stopped visiting as I knew I would be disappointed walking through the doors on their overpriced clothing and other sporting goods.

Well put and right on the money. There was a time when they had shooting sports items at the store closest to me in Oro Valley, Az. Went there the first day of shotgun shell sale and there were none as in no sale items in any shotgun gauge to be found. When finally hunted down a salesperson that was familiar with the shooting area, I was told that they got 3 cases of each gauge and they were gone in 10 minutes. After driving across town I stopped visiting as I knew I would be disappointed walking through the doors on their overpriced clothing and other sporting goods.

I worked for them for a short time, needed the extra cash for fun stuff!
They never got any decent size shipments of ammo, especially pistol ammo, so we were always having to tell customers "Sorry, we didn't get much of any" and then the ammo shortage hit, and it all went away over night! I remember one shipment where we got a single case of 9 mm and I bought it all before it even hit the floor, I figured I had better! Then we got the odd ball ammo that few had any need for, ( Like .45 Colt and 10 mm auto) and a few others, which I also bought up, because I had weapons that used those calibers and didn't think to stock up on them until it was too late!
Dicks was never serious, and it showed badly in the gun dept! There was Never any thing worth the effort to go there for, no decent shotguns, no decent rifles, and no reason to shop with them when you could go to the local discount gunz shop and get the exact same thing for less, and less hassle!

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top