JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last weekend I took my AK-47 out with me. I fired a couple of clips of reloads and every case had a dent from the deflector about a half inch below the case shoulder. I figured ejecting faster might do it but the primmers and pockets looked fine. Anyone got a clue?

First off AKs do not use CLIPS they use magazines and they do not have a deflectors only extractors and ejectors. ARs have deflectors. AKs are traditionally over gassed(that's why they fling cases 15 to twenty feet) and a dent in the empty case is normal.

If they were not being deflected they wouldn't be denting and if you are talking about stripper clips I have a device that allows stripper clips into the magazines. Thank God I didn't miss spell a word.

The denting is more likely from the ejected case hitting the ejection port/opening. If the case was deforming in the chamber it would probably stick in the chamber. As for the use of stripper clips being used to reload magazines thats a new one to me(not that it couldn't be done). A picture of the dented case would help. Not trying to be a a## but just trying to help. How is the rifle functioning otherwise?

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top