JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I like to make hamburger jerky at home in my food dehydrator. I always use 96% ground beef. Was wondering if anybody within these pages has ever made sausage jerky from the one-pound tubes of Jimmy Dean Premium sausage or similar. Please advise...

I like to make hamburger jerky at home in my food dehydrator. I always use 96% ground beef. Was wondering if anybody within these pages has ever made sausage jerky from the one-pound tubes of Jimmy Dean Premium sausage or similar. Please advise...
I'm interested too.. Would like to make dehydrated patties from 90+ % ground beef and the rolled sausage. I like to mix the two meat products for general use...

... how is this done?
You must first purchase a jerky gun, which will come with several envelopes of seasoning. You use one envelope with one pound of raw 96% burger, or as the directions indicate. Mix well the seasonings with the burger, pack it into the jerky gun and squeeze out flat strips of the meat onto the racks of your food dehydrator. Dry the raw meat for about four hours, until it becomes about as flexible as thick cow leather. The thing about making your own jerky is that it's so-o-o much cheaper than buying the stuff in tiny blister packages at $32 a pound...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top