JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I studied for my ham license on hamstudy.org until I kept getting consistent 100% numbers on the mock technician tests. Then I started studying for my general.... and then I completely forgot about the whole thing. I need to at least go test for tech.

Being as heavily involved with Cert, being a Pilot, and a seriously experienced C.S.A.R. and Hot Shot Firefighter, I was getting all kinds of crap for NOT having my HAM license, so I had to get it, if nothing else but to get every one to shut up about it! LOL
Honestly, With all the coms gear I have and use, I didn't really see the need for the HAM, if SHTF, I could use it regardless of any licence or training, but might as well be legal! :s0155:

Being as heavily involved with Cert, being a Pilot, and a seriously experienced C.S.A.R. and Hot Shot Firefighter, I was getting all kinds of crap for NOT having my HAM license, so I had to get it, if nothing else but to get every one to shut up about it! LOL
Honestly, With all the coms gear I have and use, I didn't really see the need for the HAM, if SHTF, I could use it regardless of any licence or training, but might as well be legal! :s0155:
Understood, CSAR, SAR, Communications Task Force for a state, OLD Pilot with a "Restricted Radio Telephone" license and a few other former assignments. So I also rolled over and am working on it. Not counting the upcoming need.

I used to be quite active on the CB circuits, but with numerous moves etc, I just moved away from it. Sold or gave away all my high powered equipment. My question is,
is CB any use nowadays, especially here in SW Oregon?
Gabby

I used to be quite active on the CB circuits, but with numerous moves etc, I just moved away from it. Sold or gave away all my high powered equipment. My question is,
is CB any use nowadays, especially here in SW Oregon?
Gabby

In my opinion, any coms are better than none. Talk with a few people you trust in your area and see if anyone has the equipment for a mutual support operation or information sharing (keeping in mind anything that you say on a radio can be heard by anyone else that has the equipment CB radios are low band and even with 5-watt radios and the right antenna we could talk from the Mason Dixion Line to Fort Bragg.). We targeted a lot of people with radio direction-finding equipment overseas and if you are being hunted by a government with current equipment just by using the radio they can put rounds on you from a long-distance away in a worst-case scenario.

I can see listening, but to draw attention to myself by talking. Pass on that.

I had CB's when I drove a lot 30 years ago. Moved away from the noise to radar detectors and online books. To many people giving incorrect information.

It was mostly good for updates on smokey locations, or maybe a good place to stop, eat and sleep. Or driving directions.
On my high powered rig I could ride the skip and sometimes talk or listen to people half way around the world, that was a blast!
Gabby

I was coming back from Iowa in my Chevy Crew cab, winter, and snowing up in Northern Arizona. I got to Holbrook and filled up with gas for the weight and announced on the CB that I was heading down over the Mogollon Rim via 2 lane black top better known as state route 377. I was heading home and all of the motels were full and there were announcements that the freeway to Phoenix was closed outside of Flagstaff. I let everyone know that I was leaving the group and headed off to the south. I am rumbling alone at 50 mph because of the roads and as I climbed a long low hill noticed there were 10 sets of lights that were behind me. I got on the radio and told them they had better filled up cause there was nothing ahead but darkness and cold for the next 150 miles. The group had chose to trust a complete stranger and head into the darkness. I was amazed. Got to the Rim and a State Trouper came over the radio, he said the road was closed, we were down to about 30 mph at this point due to the ice and snow. The voice suggested that I slow down and stop. I let off the gas and was all over the road. Brakes were just as exciting. So I told them that stopping met going into the ditch which I was not ready to do.
The road was not really closed just very slippery and the first turn over the rim had those little guard rails and a 1400 foot drop. At a idle I waved at the Troupers and headed over the rim. I had dropped the tranny into 2 and that lowered the speed just a bit. Made the turn and with in 5 minutes going down the rim the road was wet and rainy not icy any more. 15 minutes more and the road was dry. Back up to 60 mph and we all roared towards Phoenix. As you could see the lights of Phoenix on the horizon the folks following me one by one got on the air and said I was crazy. I responded not crazy, the people that followed me were crazy.
I was younger and bullet proof back then.

"Defunding the police" won't matter to the better off demographic. Defunding will borne disproportionately on the poor and less affluent neighborhoods. After the middle-lower-middle classes have had enuff, they will vote for a demogogue who will promise them "security"... at the price of liberty and constitutional rights...

Without local police, politicians are free the establish their own security forces to deal with friend or foe. Not a good idea, but the easily lead are heading in that direction. The sheeple vote and so should we.
Here is what Feinstein thinks about us little peons owning firearms The other is a couple of Pelosi's security force pointing their weapons at peaceful protester from a roof top.Only democRats want to de-fund the police because only democRats are that stupid. I'm not talkin a little stupid, I'm talking they would be better of with a lobotomy stupid. It's far past time we stop allowing stupid as an excuse for treason. There are some with advanced stupid and they show off their stupid.'I'm a gun owner democRat'.

449de42aeb8d7086f191c2d0d6e4bf35--dianne-feinstein-is-that-so.jpg democrat killers.png

SO, here is something to think about, with the rise of lawlessness, more and more of "Us" are going to be forced to take care of business on our own, How do we respond after, when the Party Thugs come to investigate things! I'm thinking things are going to get REAL interesting when we have squads of goons running around acting like enforcers dispensing justice under their masters!

SO, here is something to think about, with the rise of lawlessness, more and more of "Us" are going to be forced to take care of business on our own, How do we respond after, when the Party Thugs come to investigate things! I'm thinking things are going to get REAL interesting when we have squads of goons running around acting like enforcers dispensing justice under their masters!

I will go about my business until they point there justices at me. When that happens AZ will see a monsoon of lead!!!

Became aware last night (cannot remember via what media I heard it) that the cities where the police have had their funds drastically cut have since seen an explosion of crime-- mostly violent crime. Only a dam-ned fool would believe that to cut the money the police get would lead the longhairs and dope smokers to all play nice with each other. These nutcases really do believe in a world of unicorns and rainbows; in a world where it's all Peace and Love and everybody gets along. What a bunch of stupid glans penises. From where do they learn this excrement? My guess is most of them are very young and don't have any real life experience-- the world and its bad men have not yet kicked them in the head and they have yet to learn that the world is a mean, cruel and evil place. Boy, are they gonna find out!

Yup, They keep poking that bear, testing to see how long they can poke him for and how hard! What they don't understand: Once the bear decides he isn't going to be poked any longer, he is going to lash out violently with everything he has, and it's going to be extremely bloody as he rips them apart! Thing about bears, they remove the offending parts first, those parts responsible for causing pain, arms and legs, then he goes to work on the other offending part, the screaming part that hurts his ears! Some times he chooses the screaming parts first! Never know what a bear will choose first, but rest assured, when he finally does choose, it's going to be blood and gore! They think because they have a big club that the bear will remain subdued, they keep hitting him to keep him down, but sooner or later, he will no longer feel that pain, and then they will be screwed!

I heard on the hourly radio news several days ago that the moronic move to defund the police has resulted in Smith & Wesson seeing profits like they haven't for a number of years. I want the police kept in place; who would not? But I also want Americans to keep going to gun stores, and to keep buying guns. Black Rifles Matter...
Several nice ones available...
928-237-0073
Phil

I was coming back from Iowa in my Chevy Crew cab, winter, and snowing up in Northern Arizona. I got to Holbrook and filled up with gas for the weight and announced on the CB that I was heading down over the Mogollon Rim via 2 lane black top better known as state route 377. I was heading home and all of the motels were full and there were announcements that the freeway to Phoenix was closed outside of Flagstaff. I let everyone know that I was leaving the group and headed off to the south. I am rumbling alone at 50 mph because of the roads and as I climbed a long low hill noticed there were 10 sets of lights that were behind me. I got on the radio and told them they had better filled up cause there was nothing ahead but darkness and cold for the next 150 miles. The group had chose to trust a complete stranger and head into the darkness. I was amazed. Got to the Rim and a State Trouper came over the radio, he said the road was closed, we were down to about 30 mph at this point due to the ice and snow. The voice suggested that I slow down and stop. I let off the gas and was all over the road. Brakes were just as exciting. So I told them that stopping met going into the ditch which I was not ready to do.
The road was not really closed just very slippery and the first turn over the rim had those little guard rails and a 1400 foot drop. At a idle I waved at the Troupers and headed over the rim. I had dropped the tranny into 2 and that lowered the speed just a bit. Made the turn and with in 5 minutes going down the rim the road was wet and rainy not icy any more. 15 minutes more and the road was dry. Back up to 60 mph and we all roared towards Phoenix. As you could see the lights of Phoenix on the horizon the folks following me one by one got on the air and said I was crazy. I responded not crazy, the people that followed me were crazy.
I was younger and bullet proof back then.

What year was that B.V.?
G

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top