JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"Defund the police" is Latin for "Americans flock to gun stores to buy their own protection."

If the presence of police in our cities and towns is going to be drastically reduced, then we as Americans will have to be better prepared to defend ourselves, our families, our homes and our property. The best way to do these is with a firearm. Large-bore revolvers are nice. An M1911 in .45ACP is also a good choice. I may be biased, but I think the business end of an AR-type rifle pointed at some dimbulb whom seeks to make you his victim is one helsinki of an deterrent to having his violence visited upon you. Let us hope he gets the message before you have to give him a bullet or two...

Large bore is good, it is what I carry. But there are a lot of folks that can not handle them. My buddies wife for one. She can barely get her hands around them. My Wather PPKS in .380 is her speed. I say get what you can afford, and learn to use it. Shotguns work well for short range situations.

I have heard on the news that there are several locals that are not negotiating with the police unions. I wonder how that will play out. I specifically wonder if the police pensions and benefit packages are grandfathered. Contractually just cutting the money may not be the path to the garden.
The people yelling the loudest are the ones that need the police the most. Should the protection of the community be handed over to the mobs and drug dealers?
Can not even fly the Confederate battle Flag at NASCAR any more and Folusy wants to erase history. Next will be reparations for people born in the US for the sins of slavers in the 15th century. Ya that will help

9mm and .45 ACP is what I carry. As far as police unions, it is beyond time for them to go. Public sector unions should have never been allowed to begin with. They are the reason that bad cops are never disciplined/fired. If you choose career that pays you with taxpayer money, you do not get to unionize - period.

Without local police, politicians are free the establish their own security forces to deal with friend or foe. Not a good idea, but the easily lead are heading in that direction. The sheeple vote and so should we.

I foresee the planting of lots of freedom seeds in the near future!

We are a nation of laws, and we have mechanisms in place to change them should we the people feel the need! Side stepping the process is an affront to civilized people, and removing law enforcement is the worst thing they could do!

Should the Police be removed? This has happened many times before! Providence R.I. fired it's entire force, charged half of them for corruption and for covering up a murder, covering for the murderer, they started over from scratch and rebuilt a new dept with a serious oversight dept! Cliffside Park N.J. fired it's police and has not replaced them! Teller County Co. fired it's entire sheriff's dept, canned the sheriff and hired new from without the county until elections could take place, I was asked to take the job as temp Sheriff, and I declined, partly due to a conflict of interest. Point is, in some places, it may be the best answer, BUT, care must be taken, and all the facts must be considered before taking such a radical step! If there are irreconcilable situations within a police dept, then YES, fire them all and start over! DO I think we will see this happen, not likely! Most are good, but there are always bad apples within, and the challenge should be to remove those who have no business wearing a badge!

9mm and .45 ACP is what I carry. As far as police unions, it is beyond time for them to go. Public sector unions should have never been allowed to begin with. They are the reason that bad cops are never disciplined/fired. If you choose career that pays you with taxpayer money, you do not get to unionize - period.
Makes me think of teachers also.

Well, if it comes to me I'll start with an AK47 with a 75 round drum.

4FE10CCF-7984-4DD7-9AAC-F36FAF6DA1CE.jpeg

I certainly hope it doesn't come to that, yet it does my heart well that I started to plan for most "Worse Case" scenarios so many years ago. It's a good feeling to have all your bases covered in the self-preservation dept.

I worked in maintenance for education for 10 years. The teachers are not the problem in my experience. It is management of the teachers that was the problem. I watched as the president of the U went from $350k a year plus perks to over $500k. My salary went from $24k a year to $35k in the same time frame. The opening salvo from a company when I left was $48k. They tried to convince me it was not about the money. They offered 2% for me to stay, I laughed and declined.

It's a hard thing... doing what must be done.
That's why we have the US military... men who will visit action upon other men that 99.999% of us would never to a fellow human being. But men are not angels, and it often obtains that those who are not need special attention such that the rest of us can live in peace. No military man seeks the violence of combat, but they stand ready for it if the situation requires it...

So last night in Seattle, A car dealer caught a thief stealing one of his cars. they were holding him for the police, when a mob formed and tore his fence down before he released the thief. The police never did respond. But the next day were threatening the business owner that he could be arrested for holding the mob off with a gun.

The upper part of that department needs to find other jobs!

Long ago I caught some a hole stealing my KC lights off the front of my truck in a crowded mall parking lot. The police were called and arrived eventually. Yes I smacked the sob around to get him to stop squirming. Cops arrived, told me to let go. I asked if they were prepared to grab him. The cops basically threatened me. I let go and quick like the flash the a hole grabbed the bag and was gone through the parking lot. Sorry was the excuse I got. Filed on the cop and made waves as long as could get access to police management. The cop did get a 2 day suspension. I guess that is something. I wonder what the cop thought would happen?

Long ago I caught some a hole stealing my KC lights off the front of my truck in a crowded mall parking lot. The police were called and arrived eventually. Yes I smacked the sob around to get him to stop squirming. Cops arrived, told me to let go. I asked if they were prepared to grab him. The cops basically threatened me. I let go and quick like the flash the a hole grabbed the bag and was gone through the parking lot. Sorry was the excuse I got. Filed on the cop and made waves as long as could get access to police management. The cop did get a 2 day suspension. I guess that is something. I wonder what the cop thought would happen?
He was obviously just there to file the report.....

Back in the 90's I caught a guy red-handed breaking into my house. I tuned him up pretty thoroughly and actually broke his back, but he lived.... LOL

About a month later the Portland Police roll up and serve a bench warrant for my arrest. The hippie DA had apparently filed assault and menacing charges against me. The judge wound up dismissing the case, and the DA was pi$$ed.

WTF bizarro world are we living in? :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Back in the 90's I caught a guy red-handed breaking into my house. I tuned him up pretty thoroughly and actually broke his back, but he lived.... LOL

About a month later the Portland Police roll up and serve a bench warrant for my arrest. The hippie DA had apparently filed assault and menacing charges against me. The judge wound up dismissing the case, and the DA was pi$$ed.

WTF bizarro world are we living in? :rolleyes:
They needed the revenue, policing for profit! You were a target for much needed fundage to keep them in shiny new cruisers with the big cop engine, cop tires, cop shocks, cop brakes!

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top