JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Toolcraft BCG's seem to get great reviews, and you can find them as low as $65-$85. I tend to stick with Nitride as Nickel Boron can flake off over time.

I run several different ones. I have had really good luck with Fail Zero BCG's decent price and they are reliable. As for nickel boron or any other its preference. If you maintain them and keep em wet they will run for ever.

Between the two I would go with the second nickel boron one. When looking at reviews I try to go with one that has more than a couple reviews. I also try and look at when the reviews were posted. If they are all a couple years old it always makes me wonder.

I was perusing Brownells website today and checked the clearance section. I ended up buying another BCG, because I found a code for $10 off + free shipping - I got it for $109.99.

I was perusing Brownells website today and checked the clearance section. I ended up buying another BCG, because I found a code for $10 off + free shipping - I got it for $109.99.

I purchased one of these for my lightweight AR15 build. I've only put one mag through it and haven't tuned the gas system at all, but it sure is light! You'll probably want an adjustable gas block to take full advantage of it.

I just bought a couple of these

https://gun.deals/product/psa-556-nitride-mpi-full-auto-bolt-carrier-group-5999-shipped

Anyhow they are from gun.deals and they only cost $49.99

Wow, that's cheap!

Brownell's just had a sale of these which I have had really good luck with.

TIN Bolt.jpg

IMHO- The critical part is the actual bolt that should be made from high quality (high carbon) tool-steel with a quality stainless steel firing pin, then a properly staked gas key on the bolt-carrier is the next essential thing. Everything else are "Gucci parts" for "dress up" and/or tuning custom kits.

IMHO- The critical part is the actual bolt that should be made from high quality (high carbon) tool-steel with a quality stainless steel firing pin, then a properly staked gas key on the bolt-carrier is the next essential thing. Everything else are "Gucci parts" for "dress up" and/or tuning custom kits.
In todays world you can buy something for cheap and have a so-so built or you can buy a top of the line product and have a great gun. Mil spec parts are made by the lowest bidder so... There are several companies out there like Dan Young who makes a National match bolt and carrier and a damn good bolt carrier that wont break the bank. Velocity triggers is coming out with a lightweight BCG soon so if you check them out they might not be on the web
page.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top