JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been greatly enjoying my new CZ 75 SP-01 Tac on Mozambique drills!
After a bunch of polishing and spring changes - this thing is as smooth as butter. Lately I've been enjoying Mozambique drills where I fire them as quickly as possible. 2 in the chest and 1 to the head with zero break or even bothering to aim any more than swinging the front sight up and letting it fly.

I was having so much fun - the RSO came and stood behind me for awhile to be sure I was still under control. (Indoor Range) It didn't take long for him to see that I was and he moved to another "victim" to watch over. LOL

While it's obvious from the pics that I might need to slow down some for farther out distances and maybe even actually aim - the follow-up shots with this firearm are spectacular compared to all my other guns. This thing comes right back on target. In fact, I guess I am over-compensating for barrel flip after so much time practicing with other guns that do have way more flip. My program of good follow-up shots went to heck at 20 yds - but I'm workin on it! This is too much fun!!!

10 yds.
iIqG5qCC_o.jpg

15 yds.
4pYKmzS2_o.jpg

20 yds.
2dJGtMmF_o.jpg

I'm going to have to start loading more ammo during the week.
Blowing through it by firing as quick as I can 3X in a row is making lots of brass on the floor! hahaha
I LOVE THIS THING!

I'm thinking you seem to like it somewhat...hard to tell from the muted tone of your review...but I think I get that gist. ;)
Welcome to the addiction.

Hahahaha.... and I personally blame YOU for starting this CZ addiction. If it weren't for your posts about them - I probably wouldn't have even handled/fondled one at the gun store to begin with.

Both Cajun and Ghost should be sending your commision check shortly.

Great write up and nice pics!

I'm so close to going out and buying one of those just based on the reviews.

A an old timer and I were chatting while hanging out one day and I mentioned that I like Guns and I had one. He said he had a CZ qonce. He didn't say he had GUNS, or liked GUNS
He said he had a CZ !
He then went in to relaying the fine points of why they were so nice and what he liked and admired about them. I was ignorant as to what a CZ was. For whatever reason I thought a CZ was a cheap pistol, something akin to a Jennings or a cobra. It wasn't until years later that I discovered how wrong I was. The most copied pistol in the world is so for a reason. I still don't own one, but I've shot alot of guns so far that took their design clues from Josef and František Koucký and
Česká zbrojovka Uherský Brod. (I had to copy and paste)

I never expected this to be my favorite, but it felt "good" when I fondled it at the gun store. I specifically went to the gun store to buy a Canik SFx that day. But the CZ caught my eye and I am glad it did. I now better understand why they have more or less a "cult" like following. I will most likely purchase other CZ models in the future. Nothing else comes anywhere close to being my favorite like this thing is. The next favorite is a long way away from it. The gun that would knock this off my favorite pedestal would have to be pretty awesome!

F'n love my CZ's! P-01, P-07, P-10 c... So far...
Though just last night I had Wikiarms and GunBroker open looking for an SP-01 Tactical.

Doing the PSSC course at Usury this evening to see if I'm interested in doing IPSC or USPSA competition (at the very least I'll learn something from the course). Will be using my P-01 for that.

I have been looking at CZs for a long time. I have my eye on the Canik SFx also but now I might be looking for a CZ. I am just barely getting into competition shooting. My brother is back from Afghanistan for 30 days so we will be going to the Rio Salado Tuesday Night Steel just to watch how things work. Then we will be setting up a training area. I live next to Tim who owns ScorpionTargets.com so we will ask him to design some targets when we are ready. Does anyone recommend any particular CZ for competition shooting?

For competition specifically prob want a longer heavier model, like SP-01. I did the PSSC at Rio Salado last night with my P-01 Decocker, CGW trigger kit. Worked great, but a SP-01 would have been lil better/easier for follow-up shots and sight radius.

I've been greatly enjoying my new CZ 75 SP-01 Tac on Mozambique drills!
After a bunch of polishing and spring changes - this thing is as smooth as butter. Lately I've been enjoying Mozambique drills where I fire them as quickly as possible. 2 in the chest and 1 to the head with zero break or even bothering to aim any more than swinging the front sight up and letting it fly.

I was having so much fun - the RSO came and stood behind me for awhile to be sure I was still under control. (Indoor Range) It didn't take long for him to see that I was and he moved to another "victim" to watch over. LOL

While it's obvious from the pics that I might need to slow down some for farther out distances and maybe even actually aim - the follow-up shots with this firearm are spectacular compared to all my other guns. This thing comes right back on target. In fact, I guess I am over-compensating for barrel flip after so much time practicing with other guns that do have way more flip. My program of good follow-up shots went to heck at 20 yds - but I'm workin on it! This is too much fun!!!

10 yds.
View attachment 883

15 yds.
View attachment 884

20 yds.
View attachment 885

I'm going to have to start loading more ammo during the week.
Blowing through it by firing as quick as I can 3X in a row is making lots of brass on the floor! hahaha
I LOVE THIS THING!

That is one epic backstrap/scorpion stinger/ kabob stick! If that was smaller I would be all over that. I can't get past that feature on 1911s either. I don't feel the need to have a scorpion stinger shaped fire poker in my face.

That is one epic backstrap/scorpion stinger/ kabob stick! If that was smaller I would be all over that. I can't get past that feature on 1911s either. I don't feel the need to have a scorpion stinger shaped fire poker in my face.

That's what keeps that hammer from eating flesh on every shot.
I am very glad it's there.
image.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top