JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Manufacturer
BCM
Caliber
223/5.56
City
Tucson
State
Arizona
Zip Code
Custom built bcm 14.5

Round count :1,700

Upper:
Bcm 14.5 enhanced light weight barrel
13" m lok rails
Bcm bcg
Bcm large ambi grip
Surefire Warcomp
Noveske buis

Lower:
Noveske lower
Geissele SD-E trigger
Magpul grip (or bcm mod 3)
Sopmod B5 stock

Email me at [email protected] for questions of photos.

E3ABFC3B-3159-4876-9153-C5910D3D7BF2.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Um.. I didn't really mean it like that. I just meant "yes". Do you have any interest in the rifle though
I think the law is the same in Nevada, it's not a class 3 either since it's semi automatic not full automatic. We can't own class 3 here or in any state without a special license. You wouldn't be breaking the law if you bought this rifle or any like it.

OK let me be more clear, a class 3 weapon is a weapon capable of fully automatic fire (the bulllets fire for as long as you hold the trigger). Anywhere in the US, if you want to own a class 3 weapon you need a special license. My ar-15 is not a class 3 weapon and is only capable of semi-auto fire. It is also completely legal for you to own in your state. If you have any interest in buying let me know, it's basically brand new at only 3 months old w/ only about 1,700 rounds through it and i'm only charging $1350, if it were new this same set-up would cost about 1850-1900.

… a Class III weapon is a weapon capable of fully-automatic fire (the bulllets fire for as long as you hold the trigger).
A Class III weapon can also be a shoulder-fired, semi-automatic rifle with a barrel of less than 16" from the bolt face to the muzzle proper, or an overall length of less than twenty-six inches. A shotgun with permanent provision for a buttstock and a barrel of less than 18" is also a Class III weapon. A break-open shotgun with a "parrot's beak" grip, a very short barrel and a forward grip is an AOW, which is also an NFA weapon. I learned all this stuff when I deigned to purchase a Kahr Arms M-1927A1, also know as a Thompson T1BSB. My question about your rifle was an effort to answer a question that a potential buyer might have had about it because you stated the barrel is 14.5" long and that you live in Arizona-- where Class III firearms can be legally-owned and lawfully-used.

I waited forever and ever for the rifle to be delivered to my dealer. I finally canceled the order and sent the $2,453 to my brother. He ordered it, it was received at the dealer's in about three months after it was actually manufactured from the basic materials, and he took possession in July 2018 after the ATF finally did its job. It's a beautiful piece. Feels really good to hold it, shoulder it and fire it. There's an "American history" to its existence, a great part of which is to destroy the most evil of tyrannies the world has ever known. That was my original reason to want one. I had an uncle who fought in Europe in WW II. He was part of the bunch who took the Eagle's Nest. Uncle Frank may have carried a Thompson for a while but he was a sargeant, so it's entirely possible Captain Spiers or Major Winters took it off of him rather quickly.

big-boys-toy -390-pixels.JPG

Last Edited:
I'm adding this post just in case someone has decided to read this far downthread. A popular AR-15 build is the pistol (or handgun) configuration. If the builder is not careful, he can inadvertently build a Class III weapon if he chooses to save money on the buffer tube or decides to add an illegal forward grip. I built a pistol but before I began to add parts beyond the upper and lower, I did research on how to avoid building a Class III weapon that would send me to prison for ten years because I was ignorant about as to what would be legal on the build and what would not be legal.

The buffer tube CANNOT have the rail along the underside to guide the collapsing buttstock. As defined, a handgun cannot have a provision for a permanent buttstock. I have seen several images on the internet of AR handguns that have the six-position carbine buffer tube on them, no doubt used to save the $25 or so for the proper and legal buffer tube. I have also seen images of AR pistols that incorporate a vertical or close-to-vertical forward grip attached under the handguard. Such grips are illegal; the law will send the owner right up the river for it-- and they won't tell you to take it off before they slap the cuffs on you.

The below weapon is 100% legal. I made dam-ned sure of that before it ever fired its first round. The butt collection is by Thordsen; the tube has no underside rail to fit a collapsing stock. The forward grip is by Nightstrike. The shallow angle of the rear ramp removes the "vertical forward grip" possibility for any illegality. If the rear ramp of the grip was any more vertical, it would more provide a "vertical grip" and that's illegal on a pistol. This little batsard is fun to shoot; its 11-inch barrel offers-up quite a light show in the dark. You get a good bit of muzzle blast out of it, if that's your thing. It's my thing when I fool with this bad boy...

I went all-out on building it, the final cost was around $1300. The lower receiver alone was $300. It was my fault for paying so much but I was deeply into the consideration to buy, and to back out that far in I thought would be really impolite to waste the counter man's time. It's 7075-T6 aluminum and machined from a billet. The surface machining is very smooth and all measurements are up to 100% military specifications.

AR-15 handgun.JPG

Last Edited:
The forward grip on this rifle is "too vertical" to be used on an AR pistol. The difference is quite obvious between the one shown above.

Was unable to add the lower media after I ran out of posts for the previous 24-hour period.

Windham WW-15 SRC - 600pix.jpg Nightstrike forward grip - too large for a pistol.JPG

Last Edited:
K. But even in AZ although short barreled rifles and suppressors may be legal. You still need a special license for them. Even with that license muzzle devices need to be pinned on any barrel under 16"

K. But even in AZ although short barreled rifles and suppressors may be legal. You still need a special license for them. Even with that license muzzle devices need to be pinned on any barrel under 16"
That is partially correct. You can attach a 10" barrel to an AR lower receiver if that lower has been licensed as an SBR. The feds see the lower as the firearm; it is the piece that has the serial number on it. Once the lower has been licensed, you can attach a stock to it and be entirely cool in the eyes of the law. You can attach a 20" barreled upper to the lower, but it's still a Class III weapon. A licensed Class III weapon (an AR-15 with a 11" barrel, for example) can have any barrel length the owner so desires, and a pin & weld job is not required. The reason my pistol is legal with its 11" barrel is that it does not have a permanent provision for a buttstock, and it's more than 26" long. Under the laws for machine guns, SBRs and AOWs, once the firearm is so licensed, it is in perpetuity a Class III weapon. If you should ever sell a Class III weapon, you will eat the $200 it cost to license it. That's just the nature of owning one. The buyer is not going to pay his $200 as well as your $200 when you bought it.

If you should ever want to take a Class III weapon from one State to another, you must get permission from ATF before you exit your home State. To request permission after you cross that line will irritate them to a rather extensive degree.

Owning a Class III wheppin is like being married to it. You have to take care of it, protect it and feed it. It will never tell you it loves you, but it will never catch a bad cold and bugger-up your daily style.

How did I end up going down a rabbit hole with that crazy attention seeking troll....omg. Mod please delete this ad if you can.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top