JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$2800
Manufacturer
Colt
Caliber
357 Magnum
City
PHOENIX
State
Arizona
Zip Code
Colt Python .357 magnum - 4" barrel , Royal Blue , Manufactured in 1987 & stored in my gun safe, in factory box. The outer cardboard cover got destroyed or lost over the years. Appears Unfired except for factory test firing . I see a slight abrasion on the edge of sights rail on top. After a request about whether the hand grips were original or not . I checked more thoroughly and do see the grips have been removed at some point so ordering archive letter to get facts on this. I will be ordering a build and Certificate of authenticity from Colt . I Enjoyed owning this Beauty many years . Time to let another firearm lover like myself own this . Asking $2800.00
. Contact here or Call my Business cell 602-318-3890 Stan

** UPDATE ** I have received the Historical certificate from the Colt Archives . The purchaser bought 12 of these in 1 shipment . Therefore they did not specify which type of Stocks were equipped. My guess is they took off the wood grips and placed the 'Gripper ' rubber unit on as they are embossed with the same Colt Icon .

20200117_163148.jpg 20200117_163200.jpg 20200117_163217.jpg 20200117_164529.jpg 20200117_164550.jpg 20200117_164633.jpg 20200117_164736.jpg 20200117_164825.jpg 20200117_164516.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Chinga! Looks like mine down to the grips.. Bought mine new in '79-'80 and it looks new, a rarely-fired safe queen. Wish I could find the box- buried somewhere in my shop, and the original useless wood Colt grips are in that box too..... someone made me an offer on it today and I nearly shat meself! Worth too much to carry or shoot! Oh well my Smiths and Rugers do that duty, and no sweat if I scratch 'em.:cool:

Last Edited:
Chinga! Looks like mine down to the grips.. Bought mine new in '79-'80 and it looks new, a rarely-fired safe queen. Wish I could find the box- buried somewhere in my shop, and the original useless wood Colt grips are in that box too..... someone made me an offer on it today and I nearly shat meself! Worth too much to carry or shoot! Oh well my Smiths and Rugers do that duty, and no sweat if I scratch 'em.:cool:
Indeed . I was quite surprised how much these are listed for. The trigger on these things is absolutely amazing . Extremely light pull and smooth as butter.

Original grips?
As far as I can tell that is how it came. They were available on the Pythons in mid 1980's . The " Gripper " black rubber and has the Colt gold badge on it. They are available aftermarket as well . They are made by Colt and available on factory handguns as far as I know . I do see now that i put a flashlight on these grips. The screw has tooling marks like someone removed the screw before. ( used a crappy screwdriver doing it ) Probably took off the valuable wood grips and used the cheap rubber 1s. Guess the price just dropped .. UGH lol

Well, I'm not sure because I never saw one with those grips. Not saying Colt didn't do it however.

I've been waiting on the new Python but production has stopped for a bit. Faulty Crowns is what I heard. Still a very nice piece.
As far as I can tell that is how it came. They were available on the Pythons in mid 1980's . The " Gripper " black rubber and has the Colt gold badge on it. They are available aftermarket as well . They are made by Colt and available on factory handguns as far as I know . I do see now that i put a flashlight on these grips. The screw has tooling marks like someone removed the screw before. ( used a crappy screwdriver doing it ) Probably took off the valuable wood grips and used the cheap rubber 1s. Guess the price just dropped .. UGH lol
And I forgot to add they will never be what the once were. :rolleyes:

Well, I'm not sure because I never saw one with those grips. Not saying Colt didn't do it however.

I've been waiting on the new Python but production has stopped for a bit. Faulty Crowns is what I heard. Still a very nice piece.

And I forgot to add they will never be what the once were. :rolleyes:
AGREED !! I will order an archive sheet from Colt and Cert Of Authenticity. I saw a guy on colt fever mention the grippers only came on mid 80s SS variants.

Colt Python .357 magnum - 4" barrel , stored in my gun safe, in factory box. The outer cardboard cover got destroyed or lost over the years. Appears Unfired except for factory test firing . Slight ding or abrasion I found on the edge of sights rail on top After a request about hand grips I checked more thoroughly and do see the grips have been removed at some point so ordering archive letter to get facts on this. I will be ordering a build and Certificate of authenticity from Colt . Enjoyed owning this Beauty many years . Time to let another firearm lover like myself own this . Asking $DELAYED till build verified and certificate of authenticity obtained. ( Best Offer will be considered )
Manufactured in 1987 . Contact here or Call my Business cell 602-318-3890 Stan

View attachment 6990 View attachment 6991 View attachment 6992 View attachment 6994 View attachment 6995 View attachment 6996 View attachment 6997 View attachment 6998 View attachment 6999
Beautiful gun I bought one in 1972 for $350 made a mistake and trade it in 1980 for a 586 and 300 cash. However when I retired my piers found one also born in 1972 and got it for me as a retirement gift. Never used wood grips and some pachmyers. I've shot it once in 2009 I love to just get it out and look at it. Told my son its an investment for him when I go to the big shooting range in the sky

Beautiful gun I bought one in 1972 for $350 made a mistake and trade it in 1980 for a 586 and 300 cash. However when I retired my piers found one also born in 1972 and got it for me as a retirement gift. Never used wood grips and some pachmyers. I've shot it once in 2009 I love to just get it out and look at it. Told my son its an investment for him when I go to the big shooting range in the sky
Absolutely . Once you even pull the trigger on 1 of these You're literally in LOVE . Such a clean , light and satisfying trigger pull . If only all firearms were so refined ...

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top